Come out neat enough, really.

Not entirely convinced by the colour though, personally. Just reminds me of

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bearbbh-visiting-02.jpg 
Views:	195 
Size:	22.0 KB 
ID:	12381
    Nick

“I find myself irresistibly attracted to cars that nobody else buys. The NSX is a classic of the genre because nobody buys it and yet it’s a fantastic car. It’s got a wonderful compactness and simplicity and unpretentiousness to it. Honda rudely continues to make them whether we like it or not, even though there can be no commercial logic in doing so — I thoroughly admire that.” Rowan Atkinson

Where did you buy the material from, was it KPMF.com?
    Did you have to apply heat to form the curves?

I'm hoping after fixing to the car, the gear and handbrake, with the addition of the double din and the climate control units splitting up the orange colour it would be more aesthetically pleasing. A quick search of the net didn't yield many interior mods like this (colour co-coordinating centre console and viser with exterior) except for maybe the middle part of the seats and door panels which will all be getting the orange treatment soon. I will most likely get the steering wheel done in a mixture of orange and black leather too.

NSXGB,

I got the wrap from http://www.mdpsupplies.co.uk/vehiclewrappingvelvet.asp I only ordered 1m x 1.5m at around £50 delivered but it was far cheaper than what I was quoted from various car wrap outlets. I have a fatmax heatgun with variable temp that I used to help form the curves.
    Family Car: Range Rover L322
    Sports Car: Porsche 911 C4
    Long Term Project: Honda NSX 99' 3.0 V6 Auto
    Facebook; NSX in the City
    check out my instagram jivaldinho and Supercarsofmcr

+1 for mdpsupplies, best prices i've found for my sticky backed stuff!
    aka Jonathan!!

'92 charlotte green auto.... as a daily
    '37 Ford Y street rod......... something for the weekend!

...... if a photobucket pic is foggy, click it, and it'll take you to the clear version, yes, it's a clicking faff....

More Parts ordered but the wait for these parts is so frustrating.

Started the test fitting of the centre console. It has been wrapped for about 2 weeks now but it has been in a temperature controlled environment. I will see how it goes the over the next month in the car with hopefully some cold weather as well as heat from the heater to go with general wear and tear to see how it reacts. Once this is done I will remove the console, fill it, sand paper it down and paint before wrapping for the final fit. I will be using either an android double din or a Pioneer / Kenwood unit to fill the gap.

My NSX is a bit low.......

My car is lowered on Tein Super Street Coilovers and with the car already being so low i was bound to hit something.... and i did. I went over what looked like a pavement which turned out not to be and the car landed on what turned out to be the bottom of a wall which hadn't been fully knocked down.... it was dark! The O/S skirt fell off and snapped off at the point it was attached to the front wing... which was also was badly damaged.

Getting the car back to a friends body shop it turns out the whole car other than the doors and roof are either carbon fibre or fibreglass (which got me thinking about NSX-R style weight saving potential...) Anyway we decided to go for a full respray and repair the damaged parts. This meant that the damaged front bumper, flaking paint near the spoiler, cracked rear bumper and other bumps and scrapes could also be rectified. This was also a chance to rectify the previous cowboy job on the paint work and getting the weather seals properly fitted. Now I was told the car will be stripped and done properly but I didn't realise how far he would go... (this guy normally deals with Ferraris, Lambos and had an R8 in for a full respray at the same time... I will try and post pictures of his G wagon restoration project, its going to be amazing)

He Removed the pillars, all the weather seals, the bonnet, trunk, rear window hatch, side skirts, front bumper and rear lights (which are also going to be refurbished to get that shine back to them)... Gives me confidence that this will be a proper job.

Can't wait to get the car back as the engine loom has arrived from Japan so VTEC Direct will have my car for a few weeks to get the engine running properly... along side another very special orange car... an orange Type S... hehe

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10854386_10155170067930500_2481670099862870554_o.jpg 
Views:	160 
Size:	50.5 KB 
ID:	12405  
    Last edited by Jivaldinho; 07-02-2015 at 05:50 AM.

Some progress on the paint... Looks amazing in the flesh and am so glad I was forced to get his done!!!!

Looking very nice. Seriously considered buying this car myself about 4 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by paulc View Post
    Looking very nice. Seriously considered buying this car myself about 4 years ago.

I am glad you didn't paulc hehe... btw, out of curiosity... what stopped you buying the car?

Nearly finished with the body work... Paint is looking good and had the alloys sprayed gloss black with body coloured callipers.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.n...3cb0917fd6b2e8

Found a red manual one nearer to me. Yours is starting to look very nice, love the paint work.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast