Thread: NSX Resurrection attempt

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by NZNick View Post
    What happened to the lovely titanium gear knob? - without that the gear-change will be compromised....
    The hand brake looks wrong too.
    Seat side leather needs some tlc.
    It isn't titanium Nick. Just unscrew yours and feel the weight, it weighs a ton! Possibly made from the same "unobtanium" as the ignition key

Quote Originally Posted by Pride View Post
    If you ask me its a total wreck and an embarrassment and the guys at MIRA will be laughing their socks off.
    jivaldinho, have your ever thought that VTec are just stringing you along with a big **** and bull story line.
    Think about it, what RND can they possibly be doing using an old Ford Orion gear knob and a handbrake that pulls up to the roof lining and that's just what we can see, no wonder it's never been road registered.
    There is simply no way this car is owned by HUK, and who ever does own it should hang their head in shame.
    Pride (which they don't have)
    I wondered where that car went. There were pics of it in a UK workshop years ago but it went missing... until now.

I wouldn't completely dismiss the HUK link although I can't think why they wouldn't work on it in their own workshops? It could be the car that featured in the 1997/1998 Honda brochure wearing UK reg L421 WMR, along with another black Type S (P888 RAM). The pics were taken at the Nurburgring so those cars were definitely in Europe, maybe they were never shipped back to Japan. That could explain why Honda never euro type approved/tested it and why it hasn't been/can't it be UK registered.

Both the above cars appear at the Nurburgring in these videos...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSzov3vIzsk
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7FRwuq2krA

Cheers

Mark
    Last edited by markc; 03-05-2015 at 09:46 PM. Reason: Spelling
    The older I get, the faster I was