Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How many miles do you do a year in your NSX? :)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

same as Geoff and I plan to use ALL OF THEM ... cars are for DRIVING not sitting in the damn garage!
    "The value of life can be measured by how many times you soul has been deeply stirred" - Soichiro Honda

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by nobby View Post
    same as Geoff and I plan to use ALL OF THEM ... cars are for DRIVING not sitting in the damn garage!

lol....cant argue with that......i guess 304 miles is definitely a little low!! lol

Around 6-8K a year. In nearly eight years of ownership around 50K miles. But in six different cars.

Cheers.
    I am Godzilla, you are Japan!

I was also shocked at a recent MOT to find I had covered very few miles in the previous year - about 850.

Since then (about 2 months) I have covered nearly 1000....much more like it!
    2001 3.2 Circuit Blue Coupe with pop-ups!

"If you want to argue that The Best Car in the World is a supercar, go ahead. But there is only one that makes the grade. Only one that's built properly.
    Gordon Murray knows.
    Rowan Atkinson knows.
    It's the Honda NSX."
    (J. Clarkson)

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by WhyOne? View Post
    I was also shocked at a recent MOT to find I had covered very few miles in the previous year - about 850.

Since then (about 2 months) I have covered nearly 1000....much more like it!
    I bought a car that was a practical supercar.....and then didnt drive it! I guess I am called a hypocrite!....I think I need to rectify this

Blog Entries

Hi, 328.

You really need to put more mileage.
    Just to persuade you, based on my experience, I find more issues on the low annual mileage NSX than the regularly driven ones.

Next month, my NSX will be 19 years old and I have just hit 142,500 miles on the clock so on average, about 7,500 miles per annum.
    However, these days, I’m only doing about 4,500 – 5,000 miles.
    It’s my every day car so driven in all sorts of weather conditions, I’m the sole owner from Day1 of this NSX and I still enjoy every moment driving it.

Kaz

39000 miles in nearly 10 years ownership. Try to use it at least once a week to keep it well, don't want it to catch Garagequeenalitus.

In a year and a half of ownership, i have done approx 12k miles ('98 NSX now on 103k). First month about 2k! The last 3 months it has been my daily drive and have covered 3k. I have been rebuilding my 2nd gen crx engine thats on 180k, which will thankfully soon be complete (fingers crossed).

Cars are definately for driving and may I say what a pleasure both have been!
    '99 V70r
    '98 NSX

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Kaz-kzukNA1 View Post
    Hi, 328.

You really need to put more mileage.
    Just to persuade you, based on my experience, I find more issues on the low annual mileage NSX than the regularly driven ones.

Next month, my NSX will be 19 years old and I have just hit 142,500 miles on the clock so on average, about 7,500 miles per annum.
    However, these days, I’m only doing about 4,500 – 5,000 miles.
    It’s my every day car so driven in all sorts of weather conditions, I’m the sole owner from Day1 of this NSX and I still enjoy every moment driving it.

Kaz
    Hi Kaz,

yeah definitely something I need to improve on. I do turn the car over every two weeks for about 20mins or so, but I should extend this to just driving it

I do 5000 miles a year & have done for the 8 years of ownership. This year will see my car achieve 200,000 miles. Less use during the winter months but that's usually when I do any renovation. I also do the same mileage a year, in my S2000 & it will pass 140,000 miles this year. Both are driven like they should be, pointless having VTEC & not using at every possible opportunity.....
    Wix

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast