Thread: Japfest Saturday 11th May 2013

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Japfest Saturday 11th May 2013

First of all. Thanks to Chris BN for organising last years event. We had a good turnout and a great day.
    This year because of various commitments Chris asked whether I'd have another go.

The first year we did this event was in 2007. Back then this was a much smaller affair and many of us were just starting out on NSX ownership. However, we managed to get forty cars on the stand and a subsequent year saw a peak of forty-seven. Mr Finch I believe
    Japfest is now the biggest Japanese car show in Europe with over 16,000 visitors, 93 clubs and 2700 cars. Castle Combe is also conveniently situated for much of the country.

Hopefully this year we can achieve a good turnout.

Very Important

Following last years event I have spoken to the organisers and expressed our dissatisfaction with the a couple of factors.

First, the ridiculously long queues we encountered on entering the event. In order to counter this, they have changed their ticket policy on the gate. This will hopefully speed up vehicle entry.

Whilst on this subject, I suggest the following;

1. We all set off earlier to avoid the bulk of the visitor traffic.
    2. We enter at junction 18 not 17. Junction 17 can be a world of hell and best avoided unless you set off early. Aim to arrive at the
    correct gate no later than 8.30am.

My second point is the pitch; Chris fought hard to secure our old pitch, but alas, they still changed it. I Again spoke to the organisers and expressed that this was a deal-breaker. They are going to fix this.

So, we have a good pitch and as long as we set off early and get off at the correct junction. It should be a great day.

Event details and payment

May 11th might seem like a while off. But the sooner we get this sorted the better.

Instead of charging per person, the organisers have decided to charge per car, with a maximum of four people per vehicle. Each car + stand pass will cost £20.00. I will take PayPal payment or cheques and send out the tickets once they have arrived. In order to balance payPal fees and postage. Please send;

£22.50 per vehicle to:

mrwynns@aol.com

or

J Taylor
    46 Paganel road
    Minehead
    TA24 5EY.

Any questions, please either call me on 07977 142638. Or PM/email me.

Finally, the gate we need to use will be with your ticket information.
    Those travelling from afar may wish to stay overnight at one of the local travel lodges.
    Track time for the brave is available direct from the JF organisers.

Some links......

http://www.japfest.co.uk/

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=...sx&FORM=HDRSC2

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=...6AFC4479C1492D
    Last edited by Papalazarou; 15-01-2013 at 07:17 AM.
    I am Godzilla, you are Japan!