Thread: Another newbie - Cambridge

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Another newbie - Cambridge

Hello all.

I've spent quite a long time lurking here, over quite a few years. Partly displacement activity, but mostly working out what to buy when I could finally get my hands on an NSX. Well, that day has come: the house is sold, there's money in the bank, the GF is happy that I'm down-sizing from three to just two cars. It's time to scratch that NSX itch.

Right now, my mid-engined needs are being met by a JDM Mk1 MR2 supercharged Super Edition (attached photo). Before that there were X1/9s, the inevitable MX5 and an R33 GT-R. My ideal NSX is a 3.2 manual targa with pop-ups, black paint, cream interior. My chances, of course, are slim-to-none. So I'll doubtless compromise on something...

justarrived09.jpg

Other relevant stuff: will be visiting Japan early 2013 (my GF speaks/reads Japanese, which should help). Seems that importing is costly, however, so I doubt I'll get very far on that, but I may be able to buy some JDM bits and ship them back via my business courier account.

Bad news: I did lose the MR2's garage when I moved in with the GF, so that's also got to come out of the budget!
    Last edited by Senninha; 22-10-2012 at 07:03 AM.