Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: 30th September 2006 Rolling Road Day

Anyone have some numbers?

....I take it that's FWHP?

Quote Originally Posted by Lankstarr View Post
    Finally got around to putting my figs up - interesting to see no difference between mine and Paul's 3.2 up to about 6k... then he pretty much walks away... his extra power all seems to be relieved in VTEC ie where it matters :

All the figures were at the fly. The machine gave out those figures automatically. We weren't given any wheel figures.
    If your fear of staying alive, outweighs the thrill of making the corner, brake.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    All the figures were at the fly. The machine gave out those figures automatically. We weren't given any wheel figures.
    That is a shame - it would be good to see the unadjusted numbers. The chaps at Surrey Rolling Road say that Power Engineering seem to adjust the flywheel figures by approx 20bhp more for Subarus - not sure how much the difference would be for 2WD.

My peak power was around 7300 rpm, with torque peak at 6500 - I plotted the numbers on my blog

http://www.noelwatson.com/blog/Perma...5d4560c45.aspx

It would appear that mine is another of the 3.2's that peak slightly higher than 6800, although I appreciate all rolling roads are different. It will be good to get on the TDI dyno in the New Year

Some other numbers I was given (at flywheel)

E46 M3 - 330 - no wonder they beat me at Bruntingthorpe
    S2000 - 210
    Civic Type R -197
    Griff 500 - 270

Quote Originally Posted by NoelWatson View Post
    E46 M3 - 330 - no wonder they beat me at Bruntingthorpe

WOW, you must have one of the slower colours...red, I presume?!

Hi Noel,

Just got around to to looking at your power/gearing spreadsheet and graph. Interesting stuff.

Would you mind plotting a torque/gearing graph when you get some time?

The power/gear plot suggests it but one thing that the torque/gearing plot would certainly do is prove to any doubters, and there are always a few, that you MUST change up at the limiter if you want absolute maximum acceleration.

On the other thread you said that you were recording 160mph on the rev limiter at Bruntingthorpe? If so we may have the gearing figures slightly wrong. The table you refer to in the spreadsheet and I usually use from NSXPrime says 160mph at 8000rpm meaning we should be able to do 166mph at the 8300rpm limiter.

It's all somewhat acedemic but the pedant in me (oo-err Mrs) likes to know these things correctly :-)

Cheers

Mark

The S2000 would need to be a very poorly one to only have that at the fly, mine has managed between 237 and 260 depending on the mods at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by NoelWatson View Post
    S2000 - 210
    Civic Type R -197
    ****1997 3.2 Orange / Black SOLD****

Previously driven by.........

Jeremy Clarkson, Tim Harvey, Richard Burns (RIP), Jason Plato, Harvey Postlethwaite (RIP), Manfred Wollgarten, Dirk Schoysman, Barrie Williams.

Nurburgring lap time 8:38 - Honda NSX (sport auto, 08/97)

Quote Originally Posted by markc View Post
    Hi Noel,

Just got around to to looking at your power/gearing spreadsheet and graph. Interesting stuff.

The power/gear plot suggests it but one thing that the torque/gearing plot would certainly do is prove to any doubters, and there are always a few, that you MUST change up at the limiter if you want absolute maximum acceleration.

On the other thread you said that you were recording 160mph on the rev limiter at Bruntingthorpe? If so we may have the gearing figures slightly wrong. The table you refer to in the spreadsheet and I usually use from NSXPrime says 160mph at 8000rpm meaning we should be able to do 166mph at the 8300rpm limiter.

It's all somewhat acedemic but the pedant in me (oo-err Mrs) likes to know these things correctly :-)

Cheers

Mark
    Mark,

Will do the torque vs gearing in next few days. I would like to know what the limiter is. I think it is 8000 for a number of reasons

1). The dyno used 8000 for the limiter - if it were 8300 this would shift my peak power to around 7600 rpm - surely too high? (my torque peak was high at around 6300 assuming 8000 limit)
    2). I have compared my GPS speed on limiter to these
    http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/Technical/gearratios.htm
    and they are spot on for 1st, 2nd and 5th (not tried the rest).

However, I'm more than happy to be proven wrong - how can we measure it?

Quote Originally Posted by simonprelude View Post
    The S2000 would need to be a very poorly one to only have that at the fly, mine has managed between 237 and 260 depending on the mods at the time.
    Simon,

I guess that Charlie has had more than one S2000 on his road so it was an average. Dan said the S2000 had the same number at his rolling road.

http://nsxcb.co.uk/testvb/showthread.php?t=3958

Maybe it is the type of dyno?

Quote Originally Posted by markc View Post
    Hi Noel,

Cheers

Mark
    Mark,

Thinking about this, I'm not sure what torque vs. gearing would show us as we would have to scale it by the gearing to get tractive force at the wheels - I think this is what my original graph showed - unless I am missing something? i.e. My car will be producing less torque at 7500rpm in 3rd at 95 than in 4th at 5800 rpm but will still be accelerating more quickly

Regards

Noel

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast