Page 24 of 58 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: NSX Health Check Service

Back to the wipers,
    when i bought the new blades HUK said the drivers side with the wind deflector on it is no longer available and the part No has been changed to the same as the passenger side ie a simple blade and carrier
    Being the hoarder I am I still had the original driver side assembly , repainted and replaced the new rubber blade.
    Honda apparently have a standard price for wiper blades irrespective of model
    or size.
    wiper blade for the NSX is part No H76630SL0306 price £9.16 each

As mentioned, you can buy the whole assembly new, its not discontinued as I bought mine about 2 months ago and the part numbers are different for driver and passenger side. I also just ordered another one on Monday and have it sitting here in front of me brand new from Honda with the spoiler!

The "76630-SL0-309" you mentioned is the passenger side and I mentioned that a few post back:

See here:

76620-SL0-309 Drivers side
    76630-SL0-309 Passenger Side

Quote Originally Posted by Chris B N View Post
    Back to the wipers,
    when i bought the new blades HUK said the drivers side with the wind deflector on it is no longer available and the part No has been changed to the same as the passenger side ie a simple blade and carrier
    Being the hoarder I am I still had the original driver side assembly , repainted and replaced the new rubber blade.
    Honda apparently have a standard price for wiper blades irrespective of model
    or size.
    wiper blade for the NSX is part No H76630SL0306 price £9.16 each
    Last edited by Sudesh; 02-04-2010 at 11:14 AM.
    “Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.”

後は、残っているものに関係なく、不可能なことを排除する方法 ありそうもない、真実でなければなりません。

Blog Entries

Hi, Chris and Sudesh.

Although it looks as if the information from both of you conflicts each other, you are both talking almost the correct thing.

What you don't know is the difference between JDM and UK models. Interesting enough, it's also different from other country models as well.

Driver side:
    JDM: Originally, 76620-SL0-003 (550mm). Superseeded to 76620-SL0-309.
    UK: Originally, 76620-SL0-E01 (500mm). Superseeded to 76630-SL0-306. Same parts as on the passenger side.

Passenger side:
    JDM: Originally, 76630-SL0-003 (550mm). Superseeded to 76630-SL0-309.
    UK: Originally, 76630-SL0-E01 (500mm). Superseeded to 76630-SL0-306.

The spec of the wiper arm is different between JDM and UK at the driver side ONLY. So, not sure whether you can fit JDM 309 on the driver side of UK NSX.

Simple

Kaz

I am just about to change the engine oil and filter, the oil filter I have is shorter than the one on the car, Honda tell me that the longer ones have been discontinued, is this correct and is it ok to continue with this smaller one 15400-PL2-505 ?
    I'll be using Mobil1 0w 40w as recommended by Kaz.
    Also going to change the transmission oil as well.

Blog Entries

Hi, Nytram.
    Apology for not being able to provide you with the short instruction for doing the Oil/filter/MTF replacement. I need to finish Chris's Health Check Report first while doing my main business and working on another NSX at the same time.

Yes, you are correct. From quite a while ago, we were no longer able to purchase the tall body filter from Honda. Just use the shorter one and I normally replace it at every oil change interval.

If you are doing the MTF, it would be best if you can try to check the strainer as well.
    Be careful not to break the fixing tab of the strainer cover. There will be lots of corrosion (you can't see it until you remove it) at the strainer cover making it very difficult to remove unless it was treated in the past.

You may find some metal powder inside the strainer which is not unusual.
    However, if you find any metal pieces, then pay extra attention to your shift feeling and be prepared/plan for O/H in the future. Any big metal debris will be trapped by the magnet next to the oil pump housing before reaching the strainer so it's just a brief health check.

Please use MTF-3 from Honda, if you don't track your NSX.

You need just below 3.0L (about 2.7L) so try to bring empty container with you when visiting Honda. Don't buy the 1.0L ones individually sold at the dealer. Just ask them to pour 3.0L into your container from the dealer's 25L one. It's cheaper than buying the 1.0L ones.
    Oh, and as others suggested in the past, make sure to loosen the filler plug first before draining the MTF. I never had any issues but if you can't open it, you will be in trouble after draining the MTF.

Regards,
    Kaz

Many thanks Kaz it's really apprieciated, I will be in touch to schedual the next stage of work/improvements that you recommended.

Regards Martyn

hello Kaz, congratulation for your admirable work on our NSX, you have gold fingers!!! , can you give me N° of the parts has to order to replace the strainer gear box? then I to ask you or order themselves all your parts? thank you very much
    Honda NSX NA1 1992 red
    my langage is french, excuse me for translator (bad)

Blog Entries

Default ABS Upgrade Loom

Quote Originally Posted by Sudesh View Post
    Doesnt look like it unless the changed it along the way

Quote Originally Posted by NSXGB View Post
    Is that the SOS loom or have you found another supplier???

In Japan, you can get hold of the ABS upgrade loom from a few places.

As far as I know, that loom on the SoS site is actually from one of the shop in Japan.

As the ABS controller is now built into the ABS module, the system diagram is much simple than it used to be and thus, I could have made the loom by myself.

However, due to my previous experience, I wanted to use the Teflon coated wires for the loom under the bonnet behind the radiator using proper crimping tool for the specific terminals. You can get hold of the white 18pin and 20pin mating connectors for the original ABS controller box quite easily but you may struggle with the big black/orange one.

As I had to order the Teflon coated wires in a batch of 100m for each colours, it was much cost effective to simply buy the loom than making my own one.

After some investigation and visiting the actual shops, I decided to purchase it from KSP Engineering in Tokyo, Japan.

They are probably the most well known shop for NSX in Japan.

My new header is from them as well and I’ll touch on this with actual dyno data when I have more time…

Kaz

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    hello Kaz, congratulation for your admirable work on our NSX, you have gold fingers!!! , can you give me N° of the parts has to order to replace the strainer gear box? then I to ask you or order themselves all your parts? thank you very much
    Hi, Thunder.

Unlike the engine oil filter, you will re-use the MTF strainer (filter) once you have inspected and cleaned it so don’t throw it away.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MTFfilterCover.JPG 
Views:	365 
Size:	132.1 KB 
ID:	6738 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MTFfilter.JPG 
Views:	359 
Size:	200.3 KB 
ID:	6737
    Strainer cover looks like this and you just need to replace the O-ring after removing the cover.
    You will see above parts inside the cover. The O-ring is located at the cover.

If you have never done this before, it would be best to get hold of spare strainer cover in case you have damaged it.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MTFstrainerCoverOring.JPG 
Views:	378 
Size:	150.2 KB 
ID:	6739

O-ring: 91307-PR8-005
    Strainer Cover: 21261-PR8-000

You can get them from your local Honda garage.
    Good luck.

Regards,
    Kaz

Quote Originally Posted by Nytram View Post
    I am just about to change the engine oil and filter, the oil filter I have is shorter than the one on the car, Honda tell me that the longer ones have been discontinued, is this correct and is it ok to continue with this smaller one 15400-PL2-505 ?
    I'll be using Mobil1 0w 40w as recommended by Kaz.
    Also going to change the transmission oil as well.
    If you know someone with a Costco account, they're currently knocking Mobil 1 out for £23\4 litres inc vat. Might save you a few sheckles. I'll be stocking up soon if anyone local wants some.

Page 24 of 58 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast