Page 4 of 58 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: NSX Health Check Service

Blog Entries

From time to time when I work on NSX, I noticed that some of the original parts were modified without great care. On this one, the owner mentioned that the cruise control didn’t work from the beginning. Removed the steering wheel and found that the cable reel was damaged and also the connector was modified with some sort of cables. Put them back to the original spec and now the cruise control system works fine.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TamperedCableReelConnector.JPG 
Views:	349 
Size:	146.2 KB 
ID:	5687

Addition to the mechanical service works, I love carrying out the work requiring delicate touch/sense that is not even on the workshop manual.

For example, replacing the windscreen upper seal.

The workshop manual just tells you the general procedures but there are lots of ‘knowhow’ that makes the big difference for the result.

On majority of NSX, the upper seal will look like grey or white after long years and also due to the residue of wax/sealant. Also, on the earlier models, you can see a big gap at the end of each edge due to the shrinkage. Technical Bulletin was released on this from Honda.

Name:	WindowscreenUpperSeal01.JPG 
Views:	347 
Size:	116.6 KB 
ID:	5688

When it is new, you should see about 1mm width of matt black and about 8mm of shiny black between the roof and the windscreen.
    Replacing this will make such a big difference on the appearance of your NSX. Black is so important for any presentation. It’s a time consuming work as you’ll need to remove the weatherstrip and the outer trim but on top of these, the cleaning process will take long time.

Name:	WindowscreenUpperSeal03.JPG 
Views:	390 
Size:	167.1 KB 
ID:	5690 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WindowscreenUpperSeal04.JPG 
Views:	412 
Size:	158.7 KB 
ID:	5691

After a few hours, the result will be like this. Love this beautiful black.

Name:	WindowscreenUpperSeal02.JPG 
Views:	439 
Size:	132.6 KB 
ID:	5689

Regards,
    Kaz

Nice work Kaz.

That car is an unusual colour interior/exterior combination for the UK? Unless it's just the picture....Is it Long Beach Blue? If not is it a JDM car?

Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Hagasan View Post
    Nice work Kaz.

That car is an unusual colour interior/exterior combination for the UK? Unless it's just the picture....Is it Long Beach Blue? If not is it a JDM car?

Gary
    I think that is Auto Spirit's car Gary.

Blog Entries

To complete the service on this nice blue car, just finished the alignment work using my setup. The alignment rig has been just re-calibrated so good time to carry out the work.

Name:	Alignment01.JPG 
Views:	366 
Size:	160.9 KB 
ID:	5693 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Alignment02.JPG 
Views:	351 
Size:	157.6 KB 
ID:	5694

Name:	Alignment03.JPG 
Views:	360 
Size:	152.3 KB 
ID:	5695 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Alignment04.JPG 
Views:	352 
Size:	168.4 KB 
ID:	5696

Happy with the result and ready for the delivery.

Name:	ReadyForDelivery.JPG 
Views:	377 
Size:	200.5 KB 
ID:	5697

Next week, I'll be looking after my friend's left hand drive NSX and will be installing Bilstein dampers. Another long hours under the alignment rig...

I need more space now...

Regards,
    Kaz

Quote Originally Posted by NSXGB View Post
    I think that is Auto Spirit's car Gary.
    Indeed, it is my car and I must say, that I am so in awe of the work that Kaz has put into my car.

I am picking my NSX up on Thursday and I have to admit I have not felt this excited in a long time - just can't wait to get back in it after Kaz has applied his magic touch - there's still a lot of work to do on it but in my opinion its worth investing every penny in this beautiful creation - I bought this car on impulse - because it struck me as the car I always dreamed about when I was a ten year old boy. Thanks to Kaz, its performance will eventually become as its good as it looks....

Thank you Kaz.

Regards
    Parvin
    1992 JDM NSX Auto, Marga Hills Wide-Arch Body Kit, Taitec JGTC Centre-Exit Exhaust & Diffuser - 'The Dream'
    2006 Lexus RX400h - 'The Work Horse'

golly!!!! Kaz, your garage has grown in size since my last visit!
    Do you own a TARDIS ?

SS
    Lexus LC500h.......New Daily run around with some saving the Planet thoughts
    Black/black 95 NSX NA with mk1 Ary exhaust....Now sold
    Red/Black 91 NSX treasure.....FI No more NA
    Silver/Pearl White/Black 1993 NSX 3.0 5 MT NSX ZAZ R-GT Twin Scroll Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Surfer View Post
    golly!!!! Kaz, your garage has grown in size since my last visit!
    Do you own a TARDIS ?

SS
    Maybe one day if we all keep him busy ....

Kaz, you have email

regards, Paul
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

Quote Originally Posted by kzukNA1 View Post
    On this one, the owner mentioned that the cruise control didn’t work from the beginning. Removed the steering wheel and found that the cable reel was damaged and also the connector was modified with some sort of cables. Put them back to the original spec and now the cruise control system works fine.
    Being a JDM car can I ask if the cruise works beyond 112kph (71mph). Mine didn't and was therefore pretty useless.

I've "solved" the issue by replacing the airbag wheel with a lovely Momo Tuner but am interested if JDM cars can in fact cruise at more than 112kph.

Cheers

Mark

Blog Entries

Hi, Mark.

On JDM NSX with non-DBW system, the cruise computer will limit the set speed at about 71mph.
    In Japan, even on the A-road, the speed limit is 31 or 37mph, on the Motorway, it's about 62mph and in the residential area, you just have to drive dead slow to avoid any accidents. Therefore, the IC inside the cruise computer is programmed with speed limit of 71mph.

You can keep accelerating over 71mph by pressing and holding the 'RESUME' switch but once you have released it, it will eventually drop down to 71mph.

There is no screw on the case of cruise computer so you'll need to carefully twist the metal frame to open the case and replace the IC with reprogrammed one if you want to overcome the speed limit. Or, you may try to divide the speed signal ONLY for the cruise computer or just simply replace it with non-JDM one but I haven't tried these two latter methods by myself.

On the DBW model, the cruise control is carried out within the ECU so it is not that simple to overcome this speed limit on JDM.

Regards,
    Kaz

How about with a signal splitter like for the speedos, or is it like with a new chip?

Page 4 of 58 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast