Page 12 of 58 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: NSX Health Check Service

Quote Originally Posted by kzukNA1 View Post
    4. Goodridge Stainless fitting (not Zinc plated one) Brake line
    Considering the road condition during the winter, I prefer to use Stainless fitting rather than the standard Zinc plated one for the brake hose.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GoodridgeStainlessHoseKit.JPG 
Views:	368 
Size:	246.3 KB 
ID:	6277 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	StainlessFitting01.JPG 
Views:	365 
Size:	132.2 KB 
ID:	6279 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	StainlessFitting02.JPG 
Views:	364 
Size:	200.3 KB 
ID:	6280

It states that it’s guaranteed for life time so it would be interesting to see how it goes as I’m hoping the owner will come back for my health check service every 6 months so that I can build up the carte for each NSX.

Name:	Guarantee.JPG 
Views:	349 
Size:	199.2 KB 
ID:	6278
    Great work Kaz!

Noticed however that the front Goodridge hoses you have, only have 1 line locator on the front hoses? The hoses I have purchased have 2 locators as per the OEM hoses.
    “Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.”

後は、残っているものに関係なく、不可能なことを排除する方法 ありそうもない、真実でなければなりません。

Blog Entries

These are the parts replaced.

Name:	23+2AThoses.jpg 
Views:	281 
Size:	63.3 KB 
ID:	6291

The ones in the Engine Room, at the Centre floor and at the Front under bonnet.

Name:	EngineRoom.jpg 
Views:	270 
Size:	66.6 KB 
ID:	6294 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Centre.jpg 
Size:	69.7 KB 
ID:	6292 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FrontCompartment.jpg 
Views:	283 
Size:	61.9 KB 
ID:	6295

The ones at the Engine Oil Cooler with Figure of ' 8 ' O-ring.

Name:	EngineOilCooler.jpg 
Views:	275 
Size:	65.5 KB 
ID:	6293
    Even after carrying out the same service for many times, it still takes 1 - 2Hr just for these 2 hoses.... Seriously...
    I'm glad that we replaced all the hoses especially these two. Previously, this NSX had driveshaft grease leakage and lots of grese were covering this short hose. Because of this and with the heat from header, it was already expanded/de-formed and about to burst.

Blog Entries

As always, vacuum filled and leak tested the entire system.

Name:	VacuumTest.JPG 
Views:	263 
Size:	152.9 KB 
ID:	6298 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	VacuumLeakCheck.JPG 
Views:	282 
Size:	167.6 KB 
ID:	6297 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	VacuumFill02.JPG 
Views:	256 
Size:	151.7 KB 
ID:	6296

Now the coolant system warms up properly and all the hoses will be fine for many years.

8. A/C Evaporator
    As in my old post, our NSX doesn't have any pollen filter. So, anything managed (it's quite easy to do so) to get inside the blower fan motor unit, it will be directed to the surface fin of A/C evaporator unit.
    And if you haven't washed it for many years, it will look like this....

Name:	BeforeAirConEvapo.JPG 
Size:	178.0 KB 
ID:	6299 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CloseUpAirConEvapo.JPG 
Views:	285 
Size:	150.2 KB 
ID:	6300
    I'm afraid this is what you are breathing while you are inside the cabin....

I can't see those two o-rings for the radiator in your pics. Those are very critical as if the NSX looses pressure in the coolant system then it's at those two, even without having a leak.

Blog Entries

So, once a year, take off your blower motor unit and wash it gently with special chemical designed for aluminium. Be careful with the aluminium surface fin as they are so fragile. I always use soft brush for cleaning.

At the same time, consider making a simple DIY filter at the inlet of blower motor fan. Be careful not to reduce too much air entering the unit to avoid any damages as well as pay extra attention to prevent the filter from absorbing any water in contact.
    Now, the evaporator is in much better condition and the uncomfortable smell is gone.

Name:	AfterAirConEvapo.JPG 
Views:	300 
Size:	178.2 KB 
ID:	6302 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DIYcabinFilter.JPG 
Views:	277 
Size:	187.3 KB 
ID:	6301

9. Rear Fog Light Circuit
    As mentioned, this NSX is JDM so it has different tail light arrangement compared to UK model and JDM doesn't have factory fitted Rear Fog Light.

Because of this, you need to somehow install the Rear Fog Light.
    Unfortunately, the people worked on this NSX carried out not great job and used one of the brake light on each Left and Right Tail lights.

Name:	CowboyJob.JPG 
Views:	291 
Size:	221.4 KB 
ID:	6303
    Obviously, this will trigger the 'BRKAE LAMP' warning indicator on the dash and they used black tape to hide it... What a great work....

I was so scared to see the modification on the wiring so first put them back as much as possible to the OEM level and then created the new circuit for the Rear Fog Light.

The OEM Switch and the Connector from my precious spare.
    And finally, removed the dirty black tape hiding the warning light.

Name:	OEMswitchAndConnector.JPG 
Views:	280 
Size:	210.8 KB 
ID:	6304 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RemovingTheBlackTape.JPG 
Views:	303 
Size:	153.3 KB 
ID:	6305

Now there is no more warning light and the owner will be happy to know that the wiring is back to how it should be.

Took long days to work on this NSX but I'm happy with the result.

Another NSX restored and tailored to the owner's demand.
    Happy driving

Kaz

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by goldnsx View Post
    I can't see those two o-rings for the radiator in your pics. Those are very critical as if the NSX looses pressure in the coolant system then it's at those two, even without having a leak.
    Hi, goldnsx.

If you look at the plastic tray just below the header tank in the photo of post #112, they are in there.

Also, sometimes, I don't have time to take photo of all the parts so you may find something missing but it is covered in my Service Log document that will be handed to the owner with the photo CD so I hope the owner is happy with them.

Thank you for sharing your advice any way as it will help others which is the aim of my post.

Kaz

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sudesh View Post
    Great work Kaz!

Noticed however that the front Goodridge hoses you have, only have 1 line locator on the front hoses? The hoses I have purchased have 2 locators as per the OEM hoses.
    Hi, Sudesh.
    Yes, I noticed it and it was the same for the two complete set that I bought at the same time from Goodridge (not from ebay...).

However, I don't need the 2nd bracket for the Front as both NSX were equipped with aftermarket dampers without OEM bracket any way so had to use high temp heavy duty tyrap.

Kaz

Blog Entries

Default The Origin of my Health Check

While I was going through the backup of photos, I found the ones from the day I became the owner of the 94 NSX. It was just like looking at the origin of my Health Check service....

Although I was working very close to NSX, my actual ownership didn’t start until 94.

So, one hot summer day of year 1994 in Japan, after long waiting time, I went to pick up my NSX from one of the best Honda dealership in Tokyo.
    I asked the sales executives to put my car on the lift before my arrival. They were not surprised about this request as they knew about my background.

Name:	94NSXday1-01.JPG 
Views:	376 
Size:	141.0 KB 
ID:	6319 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	94NSXday1-02.JPG 
Views:	385 
Size:	85.4 KB 
ID:	6320 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	94NSXday1-03.JPG 
Views:	384 
Size:	141.1 KB 
ID:	6321
    Me and the sales executive under my 94 Red NSX. The white NSX in front. It's the NA1 Type-R that I looked after and drove from time to time for my friend.
    From different angle…
    Beautiful front section when just arrived from the factory.

Name:	94NSXday1-04.JPG 
Views:	376 
Size:	136.2 KB 
ID:	6322 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	94NSXday1-05.JPG 
Views:	395 
Size:	140.3 KB 
ID:	6323
    Front suspension area.
    I almost forgot about how clean it was around the CAT when it was new….

After spending more than 15 years with about 125,000miles, I still enjoy driving it everyday.

Kaz

Unfortunately, the people worked on this NSX carried out not great job and used one of the brake light on each Left and Right Tail lights.

Obviously, this will trigger the 'BRKAE LAMP' warning indicator on the dash and they used black tape to hide it... What a great work....
    must have been the same outfit that did mine! i spent ages wondering if i actually had a brake lamp warning light!

I rewired mine to to have a fog lamp switch firing a change over relay to turn on the inner brake lamps..

the brake warning light comes on when the fog lights are on, and brakes are applied, which helps as a dash board reminder to turn off the fog lights when appropriate! brake warning lamp resets when the ignition is switched off.
    aka Jonathan!!

'92 charlotte green auto.... as a daily
    '37 Ford Y street rod......... something for the weekend!

...... if a photobucket pic is foggy, click it, and it'll take you to the clear version, yes, it's a clicking faff....

Blog Entries

Default Recently...

Hi, all.

I was so busy over the past few weeks with my own business + helping many NSX owners.

Name:	LotsOfCCU.JPG 
Views:	271 
Size:	247.7 KB 
ID:	6329 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LotsOfBoseAmp.JPG 
Views:	269 
Size:	253.3 KB 
ID:	6328 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PowerSteeringEPS.JPG 
Views:	278 
Size:	163.0 KB 
ID:	6332
    Was working on several A/C CCU boards and one of them was really in bad condition. At the end, I used 6 hard wires, 2 jumper wires and 2 soldering bridge.

At the same time, I was working on many Bose Speaker Amps. Lots of capacitors were leaking and some of the damages were enough to cause issues to the Bose in-house ICs…

Addition to these, I was working on Power Steering EPS computer. I’m glad that I managed to fix the issue and for the first time since the owner bought this particular NSX, he managed to drive it with EPS working.

I’ll post the detail in different thread as it was quite interesting story.

Name:	UnderHeaderTank.JPG 
Views:	261 
Size:	155.2 KB 
ID:	6333 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MainRelay.JPG 
Views:	259 
Size:	145.4 KB 
ID:	6330
    And then, I was helping one of the owner for the Coolant system and Main Relay.

The owner had the coolant system serviced just about 1 month before my Health Check Service but already the coolant level was at the Low level. Also, there was a question mark on the amount of coolant used on the receipt.

So, the owner came back to my place and had the coolant system completely refurbished.
    There were significant corrosion at the pipes under the header tank and the coolant was slowly leaking from there. I'm glad we repalced all hoses this time.
    If you left your coolant hoses for a long time without replacing them, best to check the ones under the header tank, the short one at the Oil Cooler and the ones in the channel of bottom centre floor.

The famous Main Relay. Just replace it at your earliest opportunity and keep the original one as an emergency spare after resoldering it.

I'm waiting for many parts from Japan and US so I hope I can catch up with all the backlog very soon and help other owners.

Regards,
    Kaz

Page 12 of 58 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast