I don’t disagree that the things mentioned above will happen. I just think they will take a huge amount of time to happen in any significant way.
I do think that the necessity for many to work from home during the lockdowns and the serious reduction in retail will move us a step closer to Jonathan’s vision.
In an attempt to address Graham’s original question. Will the bottom fall out of the classic market. I think that there is a natural wastage of cars that are no longer appreciated, or just too difficult to Maintain. These cars will disappear and become like the vintage cars we see in 1930’s war films.
However, if the future is electric, perhaps we will all be driving electric cars, and our old classics will be a weekend affair. Perhaps car shows will become more popular because the general automotive world will be so sterile.
I wonder what will happen to track days? Will they disappear? Or will we run with electric elises?
Sorry, off on one again. The classic and sports car market is massive. It generates huge amounts of income and nostalgia. It is a connection to our past and the past of our parents and so on. They are a commodity. And as Harry mentions in him YT video. Look at what happened to mechanical watches when quartz watches were introduced.

Cheers.