Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cemtre speaker and headlight prob.

Default Cemtre speaker and headlight prob.

HI all, next on my problem list, my off side headlight pops up but doesn't go down, causing the sheer awkwardness of popping the bonnet and winding down manually. Is this common. The motor must be ok as it goes up fine. Is it a simple relay replacement?

Also all I get out of the centre speaker is a high piched whine, how do I get to the speaker, is it a case of having to stirp out everything behind the seats?

Cheers guys, I think I'll be owing you lot a few beers for all this!!
    1992 NSX, 3.0 Manual, (Was Sebring Silver) Now Kaiser Silver

2018 Jaguar XE, 2.0 R-Sport 250, Loire Blue.

2013 Kawazaki ER6F, Metalic Green.

Cancel the speaker question, downloaded the service manual which answered my first thought.......having to take out practcally everything behind the seats. OH JOY!!

Before you go dismantling the rear panels it's 99% certain that the speaker is OK.... it is fed from an amplifier in the passenger footwell which also supplies the feed for the small subwoofer found down there. It's a sure-fire bet that this amp has failed.

You might want to disconnect the speaker in the footwell as it's likely the sub will be disfunctional too.

There's lots on NSX Prime about amp repairs!

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showt...ht=amp+repairs

As for the headlight - it could be the relay although there's a chance that the mechanical arm that pulls the light back down could have broken or become disconnected. When the light is supposed to retract can you hear the motor working on the affected side?

Hope this helps!?

~Phil.

Cheer Phil, I was about to start ripping out the interior, but I'll check that amp now ( that might be why the divers door speaker isn't working either.)

As for the headlight, I have had a good look in and around it, I can't see of feel anything broken, so I think that mechanically it is ok.

The door speakers also have individual amps....

The audio config for the NSX is...

Three amps - One each for the doors (fitted in plastic enclosures inside the door which also house the door speakers) with the 3rd amp being in the footwell driving the sub and centre channel (rear) speaker. The Head Unit has no amplifier inside and instead uses the 'speaker out' wires as low-level outputs to feed the amps.

The Bose amps are prone to failure but they can be repaired (in the USA). I'm sure there's someone on here who's sent their amps away to the States to be fixed??? The bad news is you'll have to get them out of the car to send them away!

~Phil.

Default amp for floor speaker

Hi

I have the same problem with the floor speaker and the centre rear speaker. Took out the floor speaker and amp today with the intention of sending it to Willman's Electronics in Texas but their web site suggests buying a new speaker $150 plus P+P plus exchange core of $50. I have e-mailed them (Darylw@willmanselectronics.com) so I will keep you posted. They accept PayPal.

I am thinking of just buying one outright rather than sending my old one to them.

best
    Ian

I think I would rather just install a more up to date system, not sure how to get past the problem of that the stereo not being the standard DIN fitting, but Isuppose it will mean a custom job. I'm hoping to go along the SAT-NAV route. so I think the best solution for my sound system is to start from scratch with a new system! You would think that there would be someone in the UK that could handle the repairs though.

you can buy new Amps direct from Bose in Germany and fit them into the housings, I replaced both amps in the door speakers for about £160 the pair delivered....

here's what Bose said...

Thank you for your message.
    We are to read about the difficulties you are currently
    encountering with the amp in your NSX.
    If the issue is clearly limited to the passenger door
    only, chances are that the amp there actually has a problem.
    Did you hear any unusual noises prior to the failure?
    We just like to make sure that the purchase of a new amp
    really resolves the problem.
    Regarding the amplifier we would like to ask you to contact
    "proService" , Mr. Werner Thorum.
    [e-mail: SERVICE@proService.biz, Tel: 0049 221 9704090]
    Mr. Thorum will be able to offer you the requested single
    amplifier. ( at a more reasonable price)
    Please ensure that the speakerbox will be sealed after the
    exchange of the amp. A "leaking" box may reduce the sound
    quality (badly).

Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate
    to contact us again.

Best regards

Frank Mueller
    Bose Automotive GmbH
    Customer Service Team Europe

Headlamps, again do a search on Prime, the system has separate fuses(?) and relays for up and for down, for left and for right. Start by swapping the good ones for the ones on the side that dosn't work. The probability is that the problem will be in the relays or the connections. By about 10 to 15 years solder joints on the like become a little suspect.
    Have fun!

Thanks Duncan, but you won't beleive this, tonight the other headlight started playing up, that one goes down and not up!!! I did downloead the service manual so I'll have a bit of studying to do to see if I can rectify this. If push comes to shove I'll bite the bullet and get Honda to have a look !!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast