Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: `99 NSX re-commissioning underway:

Quote Originally Posted by nobby View Post

perhaps you should set up a blog ... as this will be a biggy by sounds of it!
    All,

Rather than a blog, maybe follow the example on Prime of having a projects / builds section?

Let me run a new thread with a poll . . .

Ref the colour Dan, will you keep Imola or go for a subtle update with New Imola?

Rgds Paul
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

2. Default

Ah, colour choice - I had noticed when looking up codes that Imola Orange went through a change at some point - I will be keeping the stock colour as I`m not painting the engine bay.

Can anyone let me know the correct colour code for the `99 IOP, plus what the correct code would have been for black wheels at that time?

Thanks, Dan.

PS - Forum Moderators - feel free to move this thread wherever you feel best - looking like it may be around for a bit of time....

Imola Orange Pearl YR 514P
    New Imola Orange Pearl YR 536P

Not sure Honda ever offered black wheels on any NSX? Different shades of silver/greys....

Try searching under "paint" and it should bring up a few threads with possible options and codes....

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Boy View Post
    Ah, colour choice - I had noticed when looking up codes that Imola Orange went through a change at some point - I will be keeping the stock colour as I`m not painting the engine bay.

Can anyone let me know the correct colour code for the `99 IOP, plus what the correct code would have been for black wheels at that time?

Thanks, Dan.

PS - Forum Moderators - feel free to move this thread wherever you feel best - looking like it may be around for a bit of time....
    Last edited by Hagasan; 23-03-2012 at 10:25 AM.

4. Default

I thought they were available in black under the Custom Order Scheme at some point - may have got that mixed up with grey though....

The wheels on mine are black - they will be refurbed in black, figured it would be good to get a Honda code - maybe the roof black code?

Cheers, Dan.

PS - does anyone know how to remove privacy glass? Chaps at the garage just looked at me confused, as most people want to add it!

Dan,

The OEM colour for wheels was Solaris silver NH536M. The anthracite was only available JDM Custom order plan.

Privacy glass film is removed by heating it up with a gun & peeling it off.

1997 NSX
    Imora Orange Pri Metallic Clearcoat (YR-514P)
    *Not a 2-stage 'tri-coat' paint

2002-2005 NSX
    New Imola Orange Pearl Metallic Tricoat (YR-536P)
    * A 2-stage 'tri-coat' paint
    Nick

“I find myself irresistibly attracted to cars that nobody else buys. The NSX is a classic of the genre because nobody buys it and yet it’s a fantastic car. It’s got a wonderful compactness and simplicity and unpretentiousness to it. Honda rudely continues to make them whether we like it or not, even though there can be no commercial logic in doing so — I thoroughly admire that.” Rowan Atkinson

Blog Entries

Hi, Dan.

Good luck with the project.

For the body colour code, you can find it (if it’s still on there) above the door striker when you open the driver side door.

Also, our member Sudesh posted this useful info and it is on the ‘sticky’ section of the Technical Forum.

http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/showthread.ph...odes-amp-Names

The black coloured wheel was indeed available as part of ‘custom order plan’.
    It was introduced at ‘Step.5’ of the plan around 95/96 together with other two wheel colours such as ‘Formula Red’ and ‘Indy Yellow Pearl’.

Regarding the black colour, it was only described as ‘Black Metallic’ and within Honda Colour code, there are at least two codes that includes this word.
    The paint shop should be able to find it for you.
    You may want to test it first to see the balance against the body colour.

‘Privacy Glass’???
    If you are referring to the smoked film on the glass, you can try the heater gun first followed by the glue remover but that’s well known method so probably we are talking about something different…..

Kaz

anyone know the code for the Anthracite wheel colour??

... could be a goer for colour choice on my wheel refurb this year

sorry for hi-jacking thread!

NB. checked Sudesh's thread no mention of it on here, so if someone has it, please add it to Sudesh's post (sticky).

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Graves View Post
    The OEM colour for wheels was Solaris silver NH536M. The anthracite was only available JDM Custom order plan.
    Last edited by nobby; 23-03-2012 at 01:16 PM.
    "The value of life can be measured by how many times you soul has been deeply stirred" - Soichiro Honda

Have a search on " Washi grey" that seems to ring a bell....

Quote Originally Posted by nobby View Post
    anyone know the code for the Anthracite wheel colour??

... could be a goer for colour choice on my wheel refurb this year

sorry for hi-jacking thread!

NB. checked Sudesh's thread no mention of it on here, so if someone has it, please add it to Sudesh's post (sticky).

Good luck Dan from me too.

I respect the fact you are getting this car as near as possible to its original condition.

It will interesting to follow your progress & journey!
    1999 3.2 Manual 6 Spd Coupe
    Honda's Finest Hour

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast