Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hello

Hi Paul

Only just saw this ... hell no, and hopefully NEVER. Car is not bent or damaged in anyway ...

no, more to the point of letting new owner's know the potential costs involved even for a minor shunt with or without insurance ... this was a massive concern for me at time of purchase but heart got in way of head

we all know prices of bumpers, panels etc ... just stupid stupid money

Quote Originally Posted by Senninha View Post
    Nobby, have you had a couple of near misses lately? You seem paranoid about bending the NSX in most of your recent posts?? Hope all is OK.
    "The value of life can be measured by how many times you soul has been deeply stirred" - Soichiro Honda

guys at this point easy to say that 90% of cars have had paint and 75% a crash of some sort, don't sweat it.

Hmm,

easy to say but not necessarily true. Where do you base these figures from? Just because the cars are getting on in years doesn't automatically mean they've been repainted or shunted or both...

Quote Originally Posted by AR View Post
    guys at this point easy to say that 90% of cars have had paint and 75% a crash of some sort, don't sweat it.

I have not had the pleasure meeting an NSX yet that has not had paintwork and have have been around a few in the last 8 years.

Hi mate and welcome good luck in your hunt looks like your not far from me as well
    Thx amo

I have not had the pleasure meeting an NSX yet that has not had paintwork and have have been around a few in the last 8 years.
    If nothing else the front end will probably have developed gravel-rash - a sypathetic blow-over can be a positive thing, IMHO.
    "No man with a good car needs to be justified"

Blue '08 FD2 CTR - big, ITR-sized shoes to fill...
    Yellow '96 NSX 3.0 - oh was it worth the wait!
    Black '99 ITR - well, I had to have another one, the first was so much fun. Miss this one even more than #1...
    Blue '03 S2000 - SOLD, flawed but fun
    Blue '04 Focus TDCi Sport - SOLD, very good fun for a diesel!
    Black '00 ITR - SOLD, still missed
    Red '98 Civic VTi - SOLD, probably still bombproof

Quote Originally Posted by havoc View Post
    If nothing else the front end will probably have developed gravel-rash - a sypathetic blow-over can be a positive thing, IMHO.
    Exactly so hardly any NSX is 100 percent as it left the factory.

So all the worries are hardly worth it. Some people buy a crashed car and enjoy it and get te best from it, others get a "pristine" example and it becomes a garage queen. Yet some perfect examples have not always been that way. Most cars when getting prep get a blow over or a polish etc.

That's fine. It's just the suggestion that 3/4 of the NSX poulation have been crashed.... a bit excessive I'd suggest

Exactly so hardly any NSX is 100 percent as it left the factory.

So all the worries are hardly worth it. Some people buy a crashed car and enjoy it and get te best from it, others get a "pristine" example and it becomes a garage queen. Yet some perfect examples have not always been that way. Most cars when getting prep get a blow over or a polish etc.

Perhaps you need to meet a few more ...

Whilst your paint claim may be a little high, cosmetically it can be well recorded and therefore supported. I think the crash claim to be high. We all know factory prices of parts would right off many a good NSX. Therefore this would lead to even fewer on the road. Of course, if you've some record of accident damage to my NSX or the other 200 or so that would be encompassed by your statement that 75% are damaged repaired, do please share the data.

Regards,

Paul
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

Paul my data is personal experience form looking at cars to buy, meeting people, owner accounts, etc.

By crashed I don't mean mangled up, but panel damage, such as bumpers, doors, wings.

Dont forget that a 70k car would not have been written off for a 5k repair.

Now if anyone can tell me that evey owner is honest about everything about their car's past???

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12