Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Agreed value insurance

Update.
    Thanks to all for their sugestions for agreed value cover.
    I have now renewed with Hagerty. Agreed value of £30k (photo's and mileage confirmation), legal, uk and eu recovery, 3000 miles pa and wife allso covered as a driver(!) for £460. Very helpfull on the phone and straightforward documentation.

Quote Originally Posted by kingsley View Post
    Peter,

Have you tried A Plan or B-Wise both offered me an agreed value. You mentioned Admiral would not insure your car. We have a multi-car policy with 3 cars on it. When I wanted to add the NSX there was no problem. These insurance companies make no sense to me. Adrian Flux informed me the car was not old enough to be classed as a classic.

Kingsley
    Hi Kingsley,

I was already far enough down the road with Adrian Flux that I didn't want to start with another company. I just heard back they accepted the value agreed I asked for, which was £25k. They just needed 7 photos. Premium's a bit higher than other posts, ~£600 for 5000 miles a year and including the wife. But as I mentioned in my previous post, I didn't find anybody else. Strange that I wasn't able to to get a quote from Competition Car Insurance, while other people have posted that they did. I checked my notes and confirm CCI wouldn't do agreed value for me. They were very helpful and referred me to another company Need2Insure, who were also helpful but very expensive.
    Peter
    1996 Green NSX-T manual

Just changed to Hagarty, UK and EU recovery, agreed value at £25K, 3000 miles, £1500 glass and £100 excess, Wife and Son included as drivers £430. Better overall cover and £110 cheaper than renewal quote from Saga who in the past had always been competitive and had in the past insured all 3 cars with them.
    Hagarty will be at Silverstone Classic and happy to chat. Understand they have quite a few NSX on their books.
    Chris

Default Were Adrian Flux ok?

Quote Originally Posted by PeterW View Post
    Hi Kingsley,

I was already far enough down the road with Adrian Flux that I didn't want to start with another company. I just heard back they accepted the value agreed I asked for, which was £25k. They just needed 7 photos. Premium's a bit higher than other posts, ~£600 for 5000 miles a year and including the wife. But as I mentioned in my previous post, I didn't find anybody else. Strange that I wasn't able to to get a quote from Competition Car Insurance, while other people have posted that they did. I checked my notes and confirm CCI wouldn't do agreed value for me. They were very helpful and referred me to another company Need2Insure, who were also helpful but very expensive.
    Peter
    I've been with Competition Car Insurance for the last two years (thanks to this site) but this year their underwriters, Aviva, have decided not to allow cars that are the primary vehicle so I've had to start trawling the "agreed value" car insurance companies – without much luck so I need some advice/help/reassurance please!
    My NSX is an 02 plate so not regarded as a “classic” plus it’s my only car, albeit doing less than 5k miles a year. I’d been advised (by a friend, based on??) to go for an agreed value of £30k (it’s a standard manual, 40k miles).

This combination meant that Hagerty, Performance Direct, Footman James, Be Wiser, Keith Michaels couldn’t help.

A-Plan came up with Hiscox for a premium of £1000 then Adrian Flux quoted £645 for a quote underwritten by Markerstudy. I have one more company to try, Mayfair Insurance, but then I run out of ideas.

Is Adrian Flux okay as I’ve read some interesting reviews of them on the internet (however, one can find complaints about all of them I guess)? Does anyone have any further recommendations of companies to check?

Any help much appreciated!
    Karen
    Last edited by Kippers; 01-05-2013 at 06:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kippers View Post
    I've been with Competition Car Insurance for the last two years (thanks to this site) but this year their underwriters, Aviva, have decided not to allow cars that are the primary vehicle so I've had to start trawling the "agreed value" car insurance companies – without much luck so I need some advice/help/reassurance please!
    My NSX is an 02 plate so not regarded as a “classic” plus it’s my only car, albeit doing less than 5k miles a year. I’d been advised (by a friend, based on??) to go for an agreed value of £30k (it’s a standard manual, 40k miles).

This combination meant that Hagerty, Performance Direct, Footman James, Be Wiser, Keith Michaels couldn’t help.

A-Plan came up with Hiscox for a premium of £1000 then Adrian Flux quoted £645 for a quote underwritten by Markerstudy. I have one more company to try, Mayfair Insurance, but then I run out of ideas.

Is Adrian Flux okay as I’ve read some interesting reviews of them on the internet (however, one can find complaints about all of them I guess)? Does anyone have any further recommendations of companies to check?

Any help much appreciated!
    Karen
    You £30k agreed value is too low in my opinion. If you had to replace that car today, Id be surprised if £40k would buy one. A cat D [damaged] facelift car sold for around £30k.

As for other advise on Insurance, I can't really help as I have a fleet policy and also classic insurance.
    “Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.”

後は、残っているものに関係なく、不可能なことを排除する方法 ありそうもない、真実でなければなりません。

I would agree with Sudesh ..for a 02+ Imola..I would say a minimum of £50K as the last 4 02+ NSX sold for around that price.
    I have been with Adrian Flux for 3 years 2 years ago with my RS4..the were competitive for the 1st year but will try to pull a fast one on year 2 etc. Fortunately I did not need to claim so can't comment whether when their claims department is any good.
    There is a Pistonheads threadon PH with people post comments and interact with a guy called Ash.
    I would suggest go for it and get insured and then spend the next year to find another insurer.

SS
    Lexus LC500h.......New Daily run around with some saving the Planet thoughts
    Black/black 95 NSX NA with mk1 Ary exhaust....Now sold
    Red/Black 91 NSX treasure.....FI No more NA
    Silver/Pearl White/Black 1993 NSX 3.0 5 MT NSX ZAZ R-GT Twin Scroll Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by Sudesh View Post
    You £30k agreed value is too low in my opinion. If you had to replace that car today, Id be surprised if £40k would buy one. A cat D [damaged] facelift car sold for around £30k.

As for other advise on Insurance, I can't really help as I have a fleet policy and also classic insurance.
    Apologies, I should have mentioned that mine is a Cat D (damage) too - interestingly it was while Honda still owned the car! Thank you for the swift reply and advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Surfer View Post
    I would agree with Sudesh ..for a 02+ Imola..I would say a minimum of £50K as the last 4 02+ NSX sold for around that price.
    I have been with Adrian Flux for 3 years 2 years ago with my RS4..the were competitive for the 1st year but will try to pull a fast one on year 2 etc. Fortunately I did not need to claim so can't comment whether when their claims department is any good.
    There is a Pistonheads threadon PH with people post comments and interact with a guy called Ash.
    I would suggest go for it and get insured and then spend the next year to find another insurer.

SS
    Again, apologies ref the Cat D bit, completely forgot to mention it. Guess that's why the £30k was mentioned to me rather than £40k+!

As to the insurance comments, many thanks, really appreciate your advice and I will check out the Pistonheads thread too..

Thanks again to you and Sudesh,
    Karen

Quote Originally Posted by Kippers View Post
    Apologies, I should have mentioned that mine is a Cat D (damage) too - interestingly it was while Honda still owned the car! Thank you for the swift reply and advice.
    That would make it a red one? Hope you're enjoying it ... In my opinion you would struggle to replace your car even with another catD at £30k so would position mid 30's

welcome to NSXCB

regards, Paul
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

Ah right! That adds a bit more light to it, but as Paul said, would be still be hard to replace like for like, at £30k today.
    “Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.”

後は、残っているものに関係なく、不可能なことを排除する方法 ありそうもない、真実でなければなりません。

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast