Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 Formula 1 season thread ....

Default 2012 Formula 1 season thread ....

Well why not ....

With the testing season about to get underway, and Bruno signing for Williams today (17th Jan 2012), I thought I’d kick off a new thread for the 2012 F1 season for those that follow the ups and downs and politics that is Formula 1

Firstly, the calendar of events for this season …

2012 FIA F1 Calender

1. Mar 16 – 18 Australia - Melbourne
    2. Mar 23 – 25 Malaysia – Kuala Lumpur
    3. Apr 13 – 15 China – Shanghai
    4. Apr 20 – 22 Gulf Air Bahrain – Sakhir
    5. May 11 -13 Spain – Catalunya
    6. May 24 – 27 Monaco – Monte Carlo
    7. Jun 08 – 10 Canada – Montreal
    8. Jun 22 – 24 European GP – Valencia
    9. Jul 06 – 08 British GP – Silverstone
    10. Jul 20 – 22 Germany – Hockenheim
    11. Jul 27 – 29 Hungary – Budapest
    12. Aug 31 – S 02 Belgium – Spa Francorchamps
    13. Sept 07 – 09 Italy – Monza
    14. Sep 21 – 23 Singapore – Singapore
    15. Oct 05 – 07 Japan – Suzuka
    16. Oct 12 – 14 Korea – Yeongam
    17. Oct 26 – 28 India – New Delhi
    18. Nov 02 – 04 Abu Dhabi – Yas Marina
    19. Nov 16 – 18 USA – Austin
    20. Nov 23 -25 Brazil – Sao Paulo

Secondly, the teams and drivers …

Red Bull Racing Renault
    1 Sebastian Vettel
    2 Mark Webber

McLaren Mercedes
    3 Jenson Button
    4 Lewis Hamilton

Ferrari
    5 Fernando Alonso
    6 Felipe Massa

Mercedes
    7 Michael Schumacher
    8 Nico Rosberg

Lotus Renault
    9 Kimi Raikkonen
    10 Romain Grosjean

Force
    India Mercedes
    11 Paul di Resta
    12 Nico Hulkenburg

Sauber Ferrari
    14 Kamui Kobayashi
    15 Sergio Perez Mendoza

STR Ferrari
    16 Daniel Ricciardo
    17 Jean-Eric Vergne

Williams Renault
    18 Pastor Maldinado
    19 Bruno Senna

Caterham Renault
    20 Heikki Kovalainen
    21 Jarno Trulli

HRT/TBA
    22 Pedro de la Rosa
    TBA

Marussia Cosworth
    24 Timo Glock
    25 Charles Pic

And finally (for now) ... Pre season testing …

Testing kicks off in February at Jerez. With a lot of rule changes it looks as though most of the top teams will be there with their new cars running from day 1 … its promising to be a tight battle already …

regards, Paul
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

m666 edd Guest

Not sure I'll have much interest this season due to the broadcasting rights. Although I may just watch it on RTL or so.

Looking forward to it but was very ---- off with the change of coverage as I don't have Sky Sports at present.
    I always believed that F1 should be free on normal telly!

I hope the highlight shows on the beeb will be long enough?
    1999 3.2 Manual 6 Spd Coupe
    Honda's Finest Hour

Quote Originally Posted by m666 edd View Post
    Not sure I'll have much interest this season due to the broadcasting rights. Although I may just watch it on RTL or so.
    I have Sky TV but not Sky Sports. I will not buy the sports package out of principle but will be interested if you know of another way of watching it live online or RTL - is there a way of tuning a Sky box or Freeview HD box to RTL?

m666 edd Guest

Quote Originally Posted by NSXGB View Post
    I have Sky TV but not Sky Sports. I will not buy the sports package out of principle but will be interested if you know of another way of watching it live online or RTL - is there a way of tuning a Sky box or Freeview HD box to RTL?
    We've not had any form of SKY package for at least 5 years I think. Currently using a 60cm dish with a rail with 3 LNBs attached, each pointing at different satellites. I don't think you can get RTL without pointing the dish at a different satellite - 19.2° E I think is what the German channels are on. I also don't think the sky tuners would let you tune other than preset frequencies. I recently bought a Ł65 HD tuner box and can view all the satellites (available HD channels also) and record to USB stick / hard drive if I wish.

Thanks Ed. I've just got back from my local satellite / AV store...
    For me, I need to buy a 60cm dish ( sky mini dish not good enough) & 2 x LNBs ( one set up for Sky and the other for Astra 1 - 19.2 degrees). My TV has a built in HD tuner which will apparently pick up Astra 1 which RTL broadcasts on. Job done, just have to learn German to understand the commentary.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXGB View Post
    Thanks Ed. I've just got back from my local satellite / AV store...
    For me, I need to buy a 60cm dish ( sky mini dish not good enough) & 2 x LNBs ( one set up for Sky and the other for Astra 1 - 19.2 degrees). My TV has a built in HD tuner which will apparently pick up Astra 1 which RTL broadcasts on. Job done, just have to learn German to understand the commentary.
    für einen Nachmittag-Schlaf ist es Zeit oder Und nummer eins weider Vettel ist wunderbar

8. Default

We've not had any form of SKY package for at least 5 years I think. Currently using a 60cm dish with a rail with 3 LNBs attached, each pointing at different satellites. I don't think you can get RTL without pointing the dish at a different satellite - 19.2° E I think is what the German channels are on. I also don't think the sky tuners would let you tune other than preset frequencies. I recently bought a Ł65 HD tuner box and can view all the satellites (available HD channels also) and record to USB stick / hard drive if I wish.

Thanks for that info Edd, very helpful indeed, I thought that I wouldn't be seeing much of F1 this year. Although I derive a lot of pleasure from watching I was determind not to pay Sky for the privelege, am I right in thinking we will be able to listen to live commentary on 5 live whilst watching RTL with the volume turned down ?

Cheers,

Ian

Really not convinced by the Lotus line-up. Otherwise will hopefully be an interesting season...here's hoping young Bruno has a better car than they gave to Barrichello last year...

Broadcasts...having just got a HD TV, I might just sign up to Sky HD for a year, see what it's like. Was going to see what Freeview was like and maybe ditch Sky, but Freeview is actually pretty disappointing in terms of channel variety.
    "No man with a good car needs to be justified"

Blue '08 FD2 CTR - big, ITR-sized shoes to fill...
    Yellow '96 NSX 3.0 - oh was it worth the wait!
    Black '99 ITR - well, I had to have another one, the first was so much fun. Miss this one even more than #1...
    Blue '03 S2000 - SOLD, flawed but fun
    Blue '04 Focus TDCi Sport - SOLD, very good fun for a diesel!
    Black '00 ITR - SOLD, still missed
    Red '98 Civic VTi - SOLD, probably still bombproof

I'm told that if you Sky HD, then you can see F1 for free this season. TBH, family commitments mean that I rarely see the race live unless its early o'clock, so BBC coverage wont (I hope) be that different apart from Mr Brundle has jumped ship I believe?

Ayrton once said that if you thought he was quick, then you should see his nephew ... well now's Bruno's chance to live up to his Uncles statement. I hope he helps bring Williams up the grid over the next 2 seasons ...

regards, Paul
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast