Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Goodwood Breakfast Club Dates 2010

Funnily enough I didn't bother either today. Would far rather go to a PH SS, that Caring with Cars event later this month, or the S'stone Classic - events that are actually organised.

Talking of which, hope to see some of you guys at one of those...and apologies for failing to make yet another Japfest - my excuse is I'll be in Scotland!
    "No man with a good car needs to be justified"

Blue '08 FD2 CTR - big, ITR-sized shoes to fill...
    Yellow '96 NSX 3.0 - oh was it worth the wait!
    Black '99 ITR - well, I had to have another one, the first was so much fun. Miss this one even more than #1...
    Blue '03 S2000 - SOLD, flawed but fun
    Blue '04 Focus TDCi Sport - SOLD, very good fun for a diesel!
    Black '00 ITR - SOLD, still missed
    Red '98 Civic VTi - SOLD, probably still bombproof

Quote Originally Posted by Ewan View Post
    Did anyone go to the GWBC today? Did you get "in"?
    Sarah and i went down, optimistic that the weather reports were correct... they weren't! dry.. hardly!!!

anyway set off early, got to the end of the queue at 8.09... eventually got in the gate at 8.56!! the queue was horrendous, apparently because the usual public parking was too wet to use. we got directed to the public car park , but the main one just outside the track, the others were being sent out to park on lavant straight! a bloody long walk for them!

anyway, walking round the cars, it was busy in the paddock, and the straight, TBH not that much room inside anyway, tho the straight was only being used up to the end of the pits, not out to magwick like previous times. bored of seeing porches, ferraris and lambos! tho you had to feel sorry/admire the convertable drivers with no roofs! on a plus note there was a charlotte (the classiest colour) popup in the paddock, Hi Martin, and a red popup with DRL additions and seats tweaked with a touch of red!

the highlight for me was the brace of 5 jaguar XJ220's parked up together!

had the obligatory overpriced bacon bun, got thoroughly wet and cold so we were on the way out by 10!!! well would have been had everyone else not been leaving, so we were in a queue again!!!

after that we had a nice drive out, following the coast to hastings!!!! 230 miles today, and I bet i still don't get on the 'spotted thread'....
    aka Jonathan!!

'92 charlotte green auto.... as a daily
    '37 Ford Y street rod......... something for the weekend!

...... if a photobucket pic is foggy, click it, and it'll take you to the clear version, yes, it's a clicking faff....

Hi Britlude,

For the record I let you go at the roundabout (Rolls Royce end of Goodwood) I didn't wave as I wasn't in the NSX. I was behind you as you got directed to the car park :-( you seemed to be the only one directed in there, so must be special! We ended up 2/3 way down the Lavant straight, any further and I would have been home! took us 15 mins walk to get to main start area, couple that with the hour it took to travel between the two main roundabouts (less than 1 mile) to get in it's fair to say it was a nightmare. Still the 20 mile journey home didn't seem so bad. Went to the Areo club for my sausage baguette, bargain £3.40 :-).....

The XJ220's did look pretty cool, sound far better than I remember..

So you were spotted, hopefully see you next week.

Cheers
    PG

Quote Originally Posted by britlude View Post
    Sarah and i went down, optimistic that the weather reports were correct... they weren't! dry.. hardly!!!

anyway set off early, got to the end of the queue at 8.09... eventually got in the gate at 8.56!! the queue was horrendous, apparently because the usual public parking was too wet to use. we got directed to the public car park , but the main one just outside the track, the others were being sent out to park on lavant straight! a bloody long walk for them!

anyway, walking round the cars, it was busy in the paddock, and the straight, TBH not that much room inside anyway, tho the straight was only being used up to the end of the pits, not out to magwick like previous times. bored of seeing porches, ferraris and lambos! tho you had to feel sorry/admire the convertable drivers with no roofs! on a plus note there was a charlotte (the classiest colour) popup in the paddock, Hi Martin, and a red popup with DRL additions and seats tweaked with a touch of red!

the highlight for me was the brace of 5 jaguar XJ220's parked up together!

had the obligatory overpriced bacon bun, got thoroughly wet and cold so we were on the way out by 10!!! well would have been had everyone else not been leaving, so we were in a queue again!!!

after that we had a nice drive out, following the coast to hastings!!!! 230 miles today, and I bet i still don't get on the 'spotted thread'....

i did think getting onto that roundabout was easier than expected, thanks!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Paul G View Post
    Went to the Areo club for my sausage baguette, bargain £3.40 :-).....
    i'll have to remember that.... the bacon and egg roll and sausage in a bun from the chuck wagon in the paddock were £5 and £5.70 respectively, £10.70 the serving monkey asks for, just as he types a £5 refund into the till.... hmmm wonder where the various extra £5's in the til went at the end of the day....

woohoo spotted!!!!
    aka Jonathan!!

'92 charlotte green auto.... as a daily
    '37 Ford Y street rod......... something for the weekend!

...... if a photobucket pic is foggy, click it, and it'll take you to the clear version, yes, it's a clicking faff....

Managed to get my beauty on the Girling straight next to some new "Fat Ferrari".
    Now I know why I just love my NSX!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	various pictures during feb-June 2012 001.jpg 
Views:	230 
Size:	72.0 KB 
ID:	11398  

Last BC of the year on Nov 4th 'Continental Classics'. Anyone up for this?

I'll try and come along to that one, it's ony just over an hour down the road from Poole

Quote Originally Posted by NSXGB View Post
    Last BC of the year on Nov 4th 'Continental Classics'. Anyone up for this?
    Scott
    1994 Red/black roof NA1 Manual
    1993 Red/black roof NA1 Auto - SOLD
    2001 Imola Orange Pearl NA2 T manual - SOLD
    2019 Mercedes GLC - Daily Drive

Previous Toys
    Chesil Porsche Speedster
    GTD GT40 5.7 L Ford
    2008 CAV GT40 5.7 L Ford Audi 6 speed trans
    Ultima Sports 5.7 L SBC, G50 trans
    Superformance AC Cobra 427 SC
    Factory Demonstrator Ultima Sports 5.7 L SBC, G50 trans

I have checked the details for the breakfast club this Sunday and it is European 'Continental Classics' so we are excluded with our NSX's I am afraid. Another event where they want a raft of Ferraris etc no doubt
    Scott

Previous Toys
    Chesil Porsche Speedster
    GTD GT40 5.7 L Ford
    Factory Demonstrator Ultima Sports 5.7 L SBC, G50 trans

Quote Originally Posted by scottg View Post
    I have checked the details for the breakfast club this Sunday and it is European 'Continental Classics' so we are excluded with our NSX's I am afraid. Another event where they want a raft of Ferraris etc no doubt
    Yes, it's not a Breakfast Club day where our cars fit the theme but it's just an excuse for a mini meet. I'll still go if my car is back together.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXGB View Post
    Yes, it's not a Breakfast Club day where our cars fit the theme but it's just an excuse for a mini meet. I'll still go if my car is back together.
    Shame, it looks like we fall between the cracks on every occassion
    Scott

Previous Toys
    Chesil Porsche Speedster
    GTD GT40 5.7 L Ford