Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Evo after an NA1 again - MK/Beds area this weekend

Default Evo after an NA1 again - MK/Beds area this weekend

Evo are doing another article - one of the PH guys e-mailed this to me, but I'm busy this weekend, and they tend to prefer unmolested cars anyway for these things. Looks like an interesting collection...am guessing it's a £15-20k 2nd-hand test.

Mike - saw the location and thought of you.

http://community.evo.co.uk/forums/th...threadID=84156

'Want to be in evo?
    Well, we need your car if you own (or know someone who owns) one of the following:
    BMW M6
    Maserati 4200GT
    Honda NSX (early shape)
    TVR Tuscan 4-litre
    Porsche 996 coupe (non S, pre facelift)
    Maserati 4200GT
    Not only that, in true publishing fashion we need the cars yesterday. Well sort of - we need them this Friday ideally or Saturday if not.
    It'll involve a day of driving around the Bedford/Milton Keynes area, then some waiting around while we compose a fancy group shot.
    Who's up for it? We'll pay fuel, give you a nice big print of your car and keep you in tea and biscuits all day.
    Reply to this or DM me if you fancy it.
    Cheers!
    Nick Trott'
    "No man with a good car needs to be justified"

Blue '08 FD2 CTR - big, ITR-sized shoes to fill...
    Yellow '96 NSX 3.0 - oh was it worth the wait!
    Black '99 ITR - well, I had to have another one, the first was so much fun. Miss this one even more than #1...
    Blue '03 S2000 - SOLD, flawed but fun
    Blue '04 Focus TDCi Sport - SOLD, very good fun for a diesel!
    Black '00 ITR - SOLD, still missed
    Red '98 Civic VTi - SOLD, probably still bombproof

I have an NA1 but its far from standard, I'm not sure if it would be accepted. It takes me about 40 minutes to get to Milton keynes so its not far.

As the Evo request states Honda NSX (early shape) I would say that a pre-facelift NA2 car would also be acceptable?
    2001 3.2 Circuit Blue Coupe with pop-ups!

"If you want to argue that The Best Car in the World is a supercar, go ahead. But there is only one that makes the grade. Only one that's built properly.
    Gordon Murray knows.
    Rowan Atkinson knows.
    It's the Honda NSX."
    (J. Clarkson)

4. Default

Woudl be nice to take a pre-facelift NA2 along, one in great condition would really stand out amongst this crowd and a circuit blue one would look stunning in Evo, may even make the cover shot!

Go NA2 power!
    1998S 3.2 red/black manual 4 years of great memories
    2004 54 red/red manual

---------------------------------------------------
    Quote autocar Nov 2005

"Before the NSX supercars were crap"

Quote Originally Posted by WhyOne? View Post
    As the Evo request states Honda NSX (early shape) I would say that a pre-facelift NA2 car would also be acceptable?
    Acceptable and probably the most comparable model against the other cars listed based on their introduction date. The first 996 didn't go on sale until 1998 and it's the next oldest design.

Whoever attends, I hope you/they have new or almost new tyres and brakes fitted so that the NSX gives a good account of itself. Any cars judged on less than box fresh rubber and discs/pads/fluid don't tend to show up well in road tests, let alone on track if a visit the Bedford Autodrome is part of the schedule.

Cheers

Mark
    The older I get, the faster I was

I would love to go along, but sadly work / domestic commitments get in the way.

I just through the NA2 comment in to widen the net a little bit.

PS. Luke, thanks for the kind words.
    2001 3.2 Circuit Blue Coupe with pop-ups!

"If you want to argue that The Best Car in the World is a supercar, go ahead. But there is only one that makes the grade. Only one that's built properly.
    Gordon Murray knows.
    Rowan Atkinson knows.
    It's the Honda NSX."
    (J. Clarkson)

7. Default

I sent them a message - the car is available - damn does this mean it gets dirty in January? haha
    Mike

Cool. Have fun Mike!
    "No man with a good car needs to be justified"

Blue '08 FD2 CTR - big, ITR-sized shoes to fill...
    Yellow '96 NSX 3.0 - oh was it worth the wait!
    Black '99 ITR - well, I had to have another one, the first was so much fun. Miss this one even more than #1...
    Blue '03 S2000 - SOLD, flawed but fun
    Blue '04 Focus TDCi Sport - SOLD, very good fun for a diesel!
    Black '00 ITR - SOLD, still missed
    Red '98 Civic VTi - SOLD, probably still bombproof

Well ...It's either Sorepaws or trackdemon at the moment.
    I wonder if they will notice a wee lil' Supercharger in the back if I apply?

SS
    Lexus LC500h.......New Daily run around with some saving the Planet thoughts
    Black/black 95 NSX NA with mk1 Ary exhaust....Now sold
    Red/Black 91 NSX treasure.....FI No more NA
    Silver/Pearl White/Black 1993 NSX 3.0 5 MT NSX ZAZ R-GT Twin Scroll Turbo

10. Default

Not going to be me chaps, not enough time to get my brakes sorted & I don't really have the time tbh. Shame as it'd be great to spend a day larking about with the EVO boys (given the job I do nowadays!). I have done this before though (2005 IIRC) so would be a bit greedy to grab all requests

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast