Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Contributions to support the website

I think it might help to give some guidance on the contributions required to cover the club costs and how much members should contribute to pay their way.

It's probably a personal thing but I hate it when people say "make me an offer". I don't want to low ball and insult them BUT neither do I want to pay more than I need to

There are some details of the costs for 2005/2006 in this thread and assuming the usual inflation etc it probably costs between £300 and £500pa at the moment? So, for example, if the are 25 active (paying) members we'd all need to pay approx £20 each etc etc

I suspect that at the moment a few generous members end up paying for the rest of us?

Tell me how much to pay and I'll cough up

Cheers

Mark
    The older I get, the faster I was

Quote Originally Posted by markc View Post
    Tell me how much to pay and I'll cough up

Cheers

Mark
    Mark,

From memory there is the option to donate upto a max £20 unless Kevin has extended the range of options.

Mine is due in May and I have a recurring calender reminder that pops up on the diary.

If we can get a wider support then we can offer moree in return like hospitality at forth-coming events.

Regards, Paul
    Last edited by Senninha; 25-03-2010 at 07:39 PM.
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

3. Default

I've forgotten to chip in for a while so stuck £20 in. I think it depends on what you think you get out of the forum and what your personal circumstances permit. Most people should be able to miss a fiver if they're coming to events and taking advantage of the wealth of information available on the site. The site saves most of us way more than this so it's easy to justify that way.

Plus you get platinum status under your name :-)
    1998S 3.2 red/black manual 4 years of great memories
    2004 54 red/red manual

---------------------------------------------------
    Quote autocar Nov 2005

"Before the NSX supercars were crap"

Well doing a quick add up I get the following;

Income from donations for 2009 were £520. The average being £11. From 46 people.

Sounds good eh?

Total paid out in 2009, was £741.

This includes £443 for the server.
    The annual licenses for the software.
    And a license for the new software (VB4+CMS), £161.

However, going forward, the costs are less;
    I moved to a cloud virtual private server at the start of the year. This is now down to £18 per month. It was higher for the first two months, but I have reduced the resources available to what we actually need now.
    The new software cost (£161) was a one off payment. There are no more annual fees.

So from now on, this site costs £18 per month to maintain, unless I get extra software add ons.

Edit: http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/index.php?categoryid=22

Shows running totals
    Last edited by forumadmin; 26-03-2010 at 04:04 PM.

I do not find the button paypal on the home page, can you give the information to pay the participation? thank you very much
    Honda NSX NA1 1992 red
    my langage is french, excuse me for translator (bad)

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    I do not find the button paypal on the home page, can you give the information to pay the participation? thank you very much
    Cliquez "Quick links" > User control panel > miscellaneous > paid subscriptions. C'est simple. Pas.

Depuis cinq ans, j'ai trouvais enfin...
    Nick

“I find myself irresistibly attracted to cars that nobody else buys. The NSX is a classic of the genre because nobody buys it and yet it’s a fantastic car. It’s got a wonderful compactness and simplicity and unpretentiousness to it. Honda rudely continues to make them whether we like it or not, even though there can be no commercial logic in doing so — I thoroughly admire that.” Rowan Atkinson

Just recieved my reminder, but when I try to pay the following message keeps coming up???

NSXCB Forums does not have any paid subscriptions available to which you can subscribe.
    Cheers

Dave

I'm not attracted by a womans mind, only what she doesn't mind!!!

95 NSX Owner since 8 Aug 05 (sold Apr 13)
    Lamborghini Aventador Roadster
    Bentley Continental GTC
    Kawasaki ZX9R

Quote Originally Posted by DAVEMAT View Post
    Just recieved my reminder, but when I try to pay the following message keeps coming up???

NSXCB Forums does not have any paid subscriptions available to which you can subscribe.
    I think the reminder is automated and just so happens to have co-incided with Forumadmin moving banks. There is seperate post that will get updated when the bank re-opens ....
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

That's correct. A new paypal account is now set up, and contributions can be made again.

Just received the reminder and made payment, all good for another year
    ****1997 3.2 Orange / Black SOLD****

Previously driven by.........

Jeremy Clarkson, Tim Harvey, Richard Burns (RIP), Jason Plato, Harvey Postlethwaite (RIP), Manfred Wollgarten, Dirk Schoysman, Barrie Williams.

Nurburgring lap time 8:38 - Honda NSX (sport auto, 08/97)

Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast