Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Contributions to support the website

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Default Contributions to support the website

Apologies if this is already answered elsewhere, but it didn't leap out at me on a quick look, so I suspect there are users of the site that perhaps are not aware..... :idea:
    (I know it is a link off the main site - but for those who leap straight into the forum without mooching around first...)

This site is run by an enthusiast who picks up the bills.

If you contribute to these costs, you get a nice ickle star next to your name and are "Gold Member" 8)

If you are a regular user, it would be nice for you to send something (great or small - all appreciated).

Now for my question ..... I believe it was back in May last year when I sent some dosh. I will send some more this year as I know web costs are every year not just a one off 'set-up' cost. Would it be worthwhile showing somewhere whether the donations are meeting expenditure or if we are a long way short? No need for absolute figures, a bar chart with Expenditure/Income that shows if red (expenditure higher) or green (income higher) would suffice - just so if it has slipped into Red, we would all know we had best reach for our cheque books.

If all okay and you feel unrequired - no worries, just ignore me. :lol:

2. Default

Actually - just spotted .... £115 raised to date and the website costs circa £150 per year. It has been online over a year so I am guessing we are in debt. :shock:

I don't like the thought that the one doing all the work is out of pocket - I will send some dosh, doesn't look like a banner or other extras is going to be on the cards. Not wanting to sound harsh .... but we all drive expensive cars, yet between us raise the equivelent of less than 3 tanks of fuel, or 4.6 membership fees of a typical car club...... :?

How do I go about contributing?

You need a paypal address to do it easily, just click the paypal donate link in the very bottom left of the home page.

If not I'm sure Kevin will accept a small cheque?!

I will be making my donation for 2006 today(£10) more at a later date when I can.

Matt.
    From my mentor: 'Remember, with great power, comes great responsibility' K.Cooke 2007

Donation made today via PayPal.

If all goes well I'll become an owner throughout 2006, but in the meantime this site is an highly valued source of information and research and I'm pleased to be able to keep it growing

Regards
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

Hi Sam et al,

I don't think the figure on the 'Friends of NSXCB' has been updated for quite some time - it's one of those ideas which we didn't get round to finding a nice, non guilt-inducing way of implementing. (by 'we', I mean Kevin, obviously).

So, while I'm sure Kevin wouldn't refuse further donations, the following should be bourne in mind

• There's more than £115 available for club use
      We've covered this year's Website charges (AFAIK - jump in, Kev, if I'm wrong! )
      We don't have a great deal of expenditure other than the site - surpluses are kept in trust at the moment, as we're not very 'active' events wise and they're the things that eat up the cash
      Members of the club are (or should be) considered equal. whether they've donated or not (except for the little stars, which give you access to the secret area of the site, listing half price servicing/parts and free tyres :wink: )

Obviously, with a larger fund we could invest in some 'club gear' or something if there's interest, but for now I'm concerned that people give based on the real needs of the club, and the figure on the Friends page is wrong.

I'm not saying 'don't contribute', but want to make sure everyone does so with the benefit of transparency.

Regards
    Joe

7. Default

Okay - thanks for the update Joe. Still .... as some didn't appear to be aware, I am sure they will feel a nice glow knowing they are supporting the site they are using.

as I don't use PayPal where does the check go?

Richard

PPal Link throws back an error at the moment, suspecting a prob with the PPal site, not NSXCB...will try again later.

Working now, contribution made.
    Keep up the good work.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast