Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trusted garages in Hertfordshire

Default Trusted garages in Hertfordshire

Hey,

I have my mot coming up in January and am looking for a trusted garage that you guys could recommend to work on my car. I'd ideally like something as local as possible of course but will travel if a place has great reputation.

I am close to Kaz but because demand for his services is so great its not really feasible for this work.

Work to be done would be niggles with a clutch release bearing / sticking clutch fork, installing a used pop-up lamp motor, investigating the aftermarket stoptech parking brake issue, and checking over the rear end after a na2 header install.

I know there is a reputable Honda dealership in letchworth just down the road however their hourly rate sends me weak at the knees.

Thanks for reading,
    Joe

I was going to suggest Norton Way, I thought their rate was quite good and their reputation is probably the best for NSX work among the main dealers. Might be worth phoning Brian and discussing your needs, he may be able to sort you out a job price that suits your pocket.
    Sounds like you will be spending a few ££ if you are possibly removing the gearbox etc.

Cheers for the tip, the cost is actually really resonable! I am booked in with Brian in January, very pleased

Hi Tokyo-Joe Just interested in what the difference was between the hourly costs for both garages.

Kingsley

Hey Kingsley, I didn't get their hourly rate, just a job rate for each item and I was pleasantly surprised. It was only a tad more then an independent plus you get a courtesy car can't wait to take it there.

Hey guys. I'm just writing this to update this thread and hopefully give other owners who need some work doing that Northon Way Honda are very capable, very efficient and very friendly

I just collected my car from a load of work including sorting this strange clutch issue, installing aftermarket parts and taking it through and MOT. The head technicion Brian was great and talked me through each point of my bill at length. I also had a service and health check and now have a really clear understanding of where to go next in keeping my NSX in rude health.

In summary; very impressed and wallet isn't too sore.

Thanks!

I was in the there yesterday. Would yours be the black one I saw parked outside? Bryan said there was a red one in the workshop as well.... Nice helpful guy is Bryan.

Yes indeed the black one would be mine I got a service sheet I didn't expect going into lots of detail i.e. the % wear on each inner and outer brake pad etc. Very cool.

Glad to hear the great feedback re: Bryan at Norton Way. My car's booked in for mid Feb (once I receive my replacement passport)......new clutch, replacement pulley, steering inner track rods and track rod ends, full wheel alignment etc. Bryan was extremely helpful and his quote very reasonable.
    Mathieu

1996 NSX-T Manual ex Honda press car
    2014 Jaguar F Type coupe 340 LHD (Now sold)
    1996 MG RV8...only 14K miles
    1977 Ronart W152 S6....sounds like half a spitfire!
    1966 Ford Mustang Coupe GT K code
    1963 Volvo P1800S...immaculate in black/red

Hey Mathieu,

I have no doubts that you will be in good hands, rest assured. I was particually impressed he was happy to fit aftermarket parts - most dealers would run a mile from this. I've been thinking about ITB's and had nobody in mind to install them so hmm..

Joe

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast