Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Servicing & Maintenance.........

Default Servicing & Maintenance.........

Anyone come across DSAutomotives in Aylesbury before (website below).

Every time I drive by they seem to have some nice cars (no NSX's though) Lots of Skylines, GTR's, Evos and some Porkers etc seem to go there for repair/ maintenance/ service. Or should I stick by my local Honda dealership? (Aylesbury Honda). Or is there somewhere else in the Bucks area I should be going. I get my NSX in the next week or so and will be going to Kaz for one of his 150 point checks almost immediately but he warns me that I may want to have it serviced elsewhere due to his workload. I want to get the cam belt dome asap

Spoke to my local Honda dealership and they didnt fill me with confidence stating that there are only 4 authorised NSX service centres in the UK....Glasgow, Edinburgh, Southampton and Chiswick.....and that they hadn't handled one for years but then said they could service it themselves???? I have also seen several "not good" feedback about Honda Chiswick on this site so I am looking to find someone local(ish) who can look after by NSX for me as I dont want to be schlepping all over the country

Thoughts/ Recommendations?

www.dsautomotives.co.uk
    Geoff

S21 NSX red 1998 NSX T NA2 3.2 manual with pop ups
    black 2010 Renaultsport RS250
    black 2007 Honda Civic Type R gt......gone but sadly missed
    black 2006 Lexus RX400h

Hi there, I did mention in your other thread on servicing in Berkshire that it would be worth contacting Letchworth Honda in Hertfordshire. They fairly regularly have NSX's passing through...my own included. They are part of the Chiswick Honda group but I think they see more of them than Chiswick ever do. You'll get a loan car so it won't be too inconvenient....

I know they are only cars at the end of the day and although the garage you mention might deal with some pricey-ish cars, I'd rather go to a place with good familiarity. Especially when doing timing belts etc. The independent here isn't going to have good access to technical information on the car nor be practised in doing it so it can end up dearer in the long run as they learn.... and what if they do something wrong? Letchworth Honda will be a safer bet in my opinion if Kaz can't fit you in... Speak to Bryan Smith the service manager if you do call.

I'd recommend doing the water pump and crank pully/harmonic damper at the same time.

If you are thinking of doing the DD Sat Nav mod lauded elsewhere () I have something you may be interested in?
    Last edited by Hagasan; 05-02-2012 at 12:47 PM.

I forgot about the other posting, thanks! I would rather use a Honda dealership with some experience so Letchworth is probably a good call. I hope to meet up with Kaz soon to see what needs done.

As for the 2D satnav/ hifi/ phone....I could be interested. Let me know what you're thinking
    Geoff

black 2006 Lexus RX400h

changing the prehistoric head unit is a must in my eyes!!

pioneer do a good range of hu etc, check out my car yellow one on nsx refresh to see it installed

Quote Originally Posted by oneillg1201 View Post
    I forgot about the other posting, thanks! I would rather use a Honda dealership with some experience so Letchworth is probably a good call. I hope to meet up with Kaz soon to see what needs done.

As for the 2D satnav/ hifi/ phone....I could be interested. Let me know what you're thinking
    "The value of life can be measured by how many times you soul has been deeply stirred" - Soichiro Honda

Yes, I saw yours.....thats what gave me the idea. It looks great

In fact I copied the picture to show my local guy (Car Concepts) in Aylesbury what I wanted. I was pleased that he seemed knowledgeable abot the NSX amp arrangement and didnt seem phased by it and the fettling that would be required to get a fit like yours. I liked yours because you used the original centre console and managed to keep the ashtray. Not that I smoke (or would anyone smoke in my NSX) but the console doesnt look quite right if left blank (like the other one I have seen on the site)

I warned him he'd owe me for a replacement dash if he screwed it up! I agree the Pioneer range or the Kenwood (i think they are almost the same) but I want one with a flush fit like yours as I agree it really brings the interior up to a more modern standard (I know the arguments about keeping it original, but its a day to day car for me and I am never off the phone, go to lots of places and love to have my music collection with me) ranges look the best so just need to choose one. What model have you got and do you have any issues with screen glare? I like the Pioneer and the Kenwoods because they use either Garmin or TomTom satnav and Parrot for the phone.

Anyway, who is this Sudesh guy...his work seems fantastic? Where is he based? Is he another Kaz?

The sequence of work is....

1) Kaz 150 check
    2) Cam belt etc and service
    3) Head unit

If I cant get Kaz to do this is Sudesh the man?
    Geoff

black 2006 Lexus RX400h

Sudesh is located in Northern Ireland. Not seen him on here much lately. He has a good eye for detail and likes posting pictures.

hi geoff

yup sudesh is based in NI, and is our resident NSX master ... he does superb work on NSX's and has been brilliant

he is at the moment VERY VERY busy and any other year he would have been happy to get NSX work but this year he is a hard man to nail down

best not saying too much and let him speak himself he has abs upgrade and hopefully exhaust manifold fitting for me to do this year and i know another couple of local owners are looking work done

u can pm him through here

with regards to your stereo upgrade, you will need to get the SOS cage so it will fit into your dash without any hassles ... downside is SOS are brutal on postage costs and u will get hit with customs

so if buying u mite as well buy other bits to get postage value

you have the exact same needs as me ... sat nav, bluetooth etc ... its great to have an integrated unit and it modernises the car no end!

good choice

Quote Originally Posted by oneillg1201 View Post
    Yes, I saw yours.....thats what gave me the idea. It looks great

In fact I copied the picture to show my local guy (Car Concepts) in Aylesbury what I wanted. I was pleased that he seemed knowledgeable abot the NSX amp arrangement and didnt seem phased by it and the fettling that would be required to get a fit like yours. I liked yours because you used the original centre console and managed to keep the ashtray. Not that I smoke (or would anyone smoke in my NSX) but the console doesnt look quite right if left blank (like the other one I have seen on the site)

I warned him he'd owe me for a replacement dash if he screwed it up! I agree the Pioneer range or the Kenwood (i think they are almost the same) but I want one with a flush fit like yours as I agree it really brings the interior up to a more modern standard (I know the arguments about keeping it original, but its a day to day car for me and I am never off the phone, go to lots of places and love to have my music collection with me) ranges look the best so just need to choose one. What model have you got and do you have any issues with screen glare? I like the Pioneer and the Kenwoods because they use either Garmin or TomTom satnav and Parrot for the phone.

Anyway, who is this Sudesh guy...his work seems fantastic? Where is he based? Is he another Kaz?

The sequence of work is....

1) Kaz 150 check
    2) Cam belt etc and service
    3) Head unit

If I cant get Kaz to do this is Sudesh the man?
    "The value of life can be measured by how many times you soul has been deeply stirred" - Soichiro Honda

NB my ash tray cover does NOT open after stereo fitting... but i dont smoke either and if someone lit up in my NSX they would be dead!

so to compensate, i installed additional power sockets in my gb ... when i said 'I' ... meant Sudesh!

It's easy to get the ashtray to open if done correctly. My DD set-up is with modified OEM console. Just needs a tiny pice of metal trimming on the back... Been there, done that and opens fine.....for my two power sockets (replacing ashtray) if needed and S2000 starter button (in place of the lighter)!! I just did this for the hell of it as I'm not a smoker. Still have the original OEM console for the Bose radio should I ever sell the car...

Quote Originally Posted by nobby View Post
    NB my ash tray cover does NOT open after stereo fitting... but i dont smoke either and if someone lit up in my NSX they would be dead!

so to compensate, i installed additional power sockets in my gb ... when i said 'I' ... meant Sudesh!

there u go, all the help u need to fit ur new ddu

good luck

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast