Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How much have you used your NSX in 2011

m666 edd Guest

Default How much have you used your NSX in 2011

I'm writing this because I have barely driven mine this year and I know many people on here drive theirs less than they wish they could.

Mainly due to:
    Shock absorber leak (2 months off the road in prime months - June / July).
    Full time work & college course / assignments (most of spare time)
    Needing a new clutch

I kinda bought the car maybe earlier than I was ready for it but it's one of those things you could put off forever I guess.

Anyway I should hopefully fit a new clutch this winter/spring - Although I do need to make my mind up and order one!
    I should be finished with college in may/june so will have plenty of spare time and hopefully not to long after some better income.

Not sure of the miles I've done but maybe 1.5-2k this year, maybe less. Did about 3-3.5k in 2010

Is your college course anything to do with designing seat rails?.....

SS
    Lexus LC500h.......New Daily run around with some saving the Planet thoughts
    Black/black 95 NSX NA with mk1 Ary exhaust....Now sold
    Red/Black 91 NSX treasure.....FI No more NA
    Silver/Pearl White/Black 1993 NSX 3.0 5 MT NSX ZAZ R-GT Twin Scroll Turbo

Well, it never got driven much when I had it. It's a very well rested car.

Quote Originally Posted by forumadmin View Post
    Well, it never got driven much when I had it. It's a very well rested car.
    Kevin brought J14 up as a sprinter rather than a distance runner, it's "twitch fibres" are very strong

N5 leads a similar life but has only done about 500 miles over the last 3 years! It's not the cars fault though, a stupid job that keeps me away for too many weekends has seen to that. Silverstone (for the Classic Weekend) is the furthest it's travelled in any of those years. I also have a few goodies (NA1 R front underbody aero and a SOS twin carbon clutch) siting on the garage shelves waiting to be fitted. I'm hoping to move jobs internally to something that will allow me to travel and be away at weekends less and hopefully use it a bit more.

I have my next big trip (Route Des Grandes Alps... Clicky me) all planned but finding a time to fit it in is proving difficult.

Cheers

Mark
    Last edited by markc; 01-12-2011 at 07:14 PM. Reason: Spelling
    The older I get, the faster I was

Thanks Mark - I feel much better now!

I was thinking my ~2,200 miles this year was a bit pathetic.

Not actually sure where I have been though!!! :ponder:
    2001 3.2 Circuit Blue Coupe with pop-ups!

"If you want to argue that The Best Car in the World is a supercar, go ahead. But there is only one that makes the grade. Only one that's built properly.
    Gordon Murray knows.
    Rowan Atkinson knows.
    It's the Honda NSX."
    (J. Clarkson)

Just over 4500 miles in mine this year.

Nearly 5K since buying the car in Feb. Looking back I seem to average around 6-7K a year. I did around 15K in my first facelift in around two years. I generally used my car for a 100 mile'ish circuit every few weeks, to meet up with PeteM and Silverbullet quite regularly, NSXCB and other club meetings drive-outs etc and trips to Taunton if I have a day off or if off to watch a movie. I'm doing less junk mileage these days and hardly ever use it for work.

Cheers,

James.

8. Default

In my 1st Year i did about ~10K

Since June this year i've done about ~3K :-(

People being extremely unconsiderate, and requiring me to use a car with 4 seats.

James

During the first 4 yrs I easily hit 5k a yr, maybe a bit over. In the past couple this has slowed due to many other things going on to around 3k. If plans work out OK then next yr should be a good one ...
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

Did ~6k in the first year of ownership (Highlands and Cote d'Azur). Did 'only' 4-5k this year (Swiss Alps, Italian Lakes and N'ring)...but haven't used it that much since the end of the summer - took it to work once or twice a month, out to the pub or to see friends, probably only 500 miles in the last 3 months. Feel like I'm neglecting her...
    "No man with a good car needs to be justified"

Blue '08 FD2 CTR - big, ITR-sized shoes to fill...
    Yellow '96 NSX 3.0 - oh was it worth the wait!
    Black '99 ITR - well, I had to have another one, the first was so much fun. Miss this one even more than #1...
    Blue '03 S2000 - SOLD, flawed but fun
    Blue '04 Focus TDCi Sport - SOLD, very good fun for a diesel!
    Black '00 ITR - SOLD, still missed
    Red '98 Civic VTi - SOLD, probably still bombproof

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast