Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Firestorm brewing on Horizon...

Quote Originally Posted by Boomin33 View Post
    I'm just not sure where they are getting the money from. Analysts talk about how indebted they are; how costs of living are soaring, wages/take-home going down and savings are non-existent.

Surely that is obvious - they have been bailed out by the MPC. They could've used this breathing space to pay down debt, but instead they have continued to buy X5s on finance and blame everyone but themselves

Does anyone know when / if / how the banks we now all own and bailed out to the tune of £millions have to repay this money back into the country bank? They seem to be releasing strong profits reports so surely some of this should be coming back to those who loaned it in the first place?

As for starting at home .. absolutely, do your budget, only spend what you have and stop living a life on credit (mortgages are the real life exception) ...

regards, Paul
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

Quote Originally Posted by NoelWatson View Post
    I think Joe Public could start with looking closer to home before blaming the nasty bankers
    Surely that is obvious - they have been bailed out by the MPC. They could've used this breathing space to pay down debt, but instead they have continued to buy X5s on finance and blame everyone but themselves
    It seems that working in the City and living in leafy Weybridge may have skewed your perspective Noel Average Joe most definitely does not run a financed X5, he/she makes do with a 5-10yr old Focus or similar. They're fed up with hearing about these guys taking home (I refuse say earning) hundreds of thousands of pounds if not millions a year while helping their businesses lose billions only to get bailed out by public funds.

I'm not sure if I find these guys or f*ckwit footballers being paid millions more offensive but both of them highlight the downside of free market economics.

Cheers

Mark
    The older I get, the faster I was

Quote Originally Posted by markc View Post
    It seems that working in the City and living in leafy Weybridge may have skewed your perspective Noel Average Joe most definitely does not run a financed X5, he/she makes do with a 5-10yr old Focus or similar. They're fed up with hearing about these guys taking home (I refuse say earning) hundreds of thousands of pounds if not millions a year while helping their businesses lose billions only to get bailed out by public funds.

I'm not sure if I find these guys or f*ckwit footballers being paid millions more offensive but both of them highlight the downside of free market economics.

Cheers

Mark
    The people that are fed up hearing that the bankers are taking home millions need to put down the Daily Mail and seek the truth - not everyone is paid 7 figures. As for banks helping businesses lose money - you will have to elaborate. wrt to public funding, the public themselves have been bailed out massively with the cut in base rate as they struggle to service the debt they took on during the biggest bubble in history. Did the bankers make them take out the mortgages/loans?

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/c...-trillion.html

How many punters were complaining when their house was increasing in value more than they were making in their day job? How many billions did people take out from their homes. If we are ever going to fix this, everyone needs to accept responsibility, from the central bankers to the man on the street.

If we are ever going to fix this, everyone needs to accept responsibility, from the central bankers to the man on the street.
    I say we stone/burn the bankers first, just in case it's their fault

Quote Originally Posted by markc View Post
    I say we stone/burn the bankers first, just in case it's their fault

As long as they get Krusty and Phil immediately afterwards

Quote Originally Posted by Senninha View Post
    Does anyone know when / if / how the banks we now all own and bailed out to the tune of £millions have to repay this money back into the country bank? They seem to be releasing strong profits reports so surely some of this should be coming back to those who loaned it in the first place?

As for starting at home .. absolutely, do your budget, only spend what you have and stop living a life on credit (mortgages are the real life exception) ...

regards, Paul
    Nope; mortgages are part of the credit bubble & force up house prices to ludicrous levels.

That's part of the reason indebtness is 500% of GDP. Same as Japan's & far worse than the US or Yerp. TBF, it's as much the Gov't wasting money on benefits and olympics and diversity councillors and bail-out & wars & sh it; you cannot blame the great unwashed for wanting a decent place to live.

The alternative to fractional reserve banking is the islamic system & I know which I'd prefer. Good ol' moneylenders.

Sooner it all goes pop, the sooner we can start again on the next boom.

BTW; remember we still own all the bad debts of NR; only the good bits were sold to RB. It's a carve-up as usual.

Yours, G Gekko.
    Last edited by Nick Graves; 29-11-2011 at 05:51 PM.
    Nick

“I find myself irresistibly attracted to cars that nobody else buys. The NSX is a classic of the genre because nobody buys it and yet it’s a fantastic car. It’s got a wonderful compactness and simplicity and unpretentiousness to it. Honda rudely continues to make them whether we like it or not, even though there can be no commercial logic in doing so — I thoroughly admire that.” Rowan Atkinson

As long as they get Krusty and Phil immediately afterwards
    Surely we can do Ashley Cole, Wayne Rooney and their ilk before them? I mean Krusty even makes cakes these days

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Graves View Post
    you cannot blame the great unwashed for wanting a decent place to live
    Agreed to a certain extent, but it went a lot further than that. Of course none of this would've happened if the central bankers had kept it under control rather than pretend there wasn't an issue.

http://realestate.aol.com/blog/2010/...e-years-later/

10. Default

I just love this new political thread, it certainly brings out the expert in us dosen't it, i'm voting NSXCB next time

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast