Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stranded at work - the horror!

Default Stranded at work - the horror!

Hey guys,

I'm after some advice as I appear to be stranded at work on my first day back (doh!!).

We fitted a replacement Nardi wheel and a new stereo yesterday, I drove it 40 miles home with no issues, everything working great. Then this morning driving to work the 'broken' door speakers flicker to life on and off, crackling and spitting then working great then spitting again.

Anyway I pull into work and cut the ignition and now it's totally dead, like the battery has been taken out! I can't remote lock it or even get ignition lights and it appears I am now stranded at my office haha.

I replaced the main relay last week with no issues though when my first relay went I believe I still had power it just wouldn't turn on.

Please help! I work nearish a halfords so if it's fuses I could pop out at lunch and try things?

Thanks!
    Joe

Check your battery terminals \ connections first.

That's first on my list at lunchtime to investigate though I had them pretty damn tight on there yesterday.

Not had the problem myself but the ignition switch can cause problems too. Have a look at Kaz's blog.
    You may get lucky wiggling the key in the ignition!

I appear to be search dyslexic, I'm struggling to find information on this - probably as i'm in a hurry, any chance of a cheeky link to a relevant post?

This might help you for searching Kaz's stuff: http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/entry.php?442...search-support

Erm right then, so I just popped my head out to check on the battery terminals and yeah.. the postive was hanging off!

Sorry for the wasted thread guys, please feel free to delete this!

As the moral of the story; Always *really* tighten your battery connections!

Haha idiot..

Just as I find the igniition switch tread for you....

http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/showthread.ph...5820#post65820

Glad it's sorted.

Thank you for the link, i'm sure it will come in handy as it does seem quite common for this switch to go?

it happens!! more common with the pressed loop type battery clamps, as the battery terminal can bend, so the nut pinches the clamp legs, but the terminal ring is still loose enough to vibrate off... you'll probably need to bend the legs a bit to get a better clamp... it'll make sense when you look at it !
    aka Jonathan!!

'92 charlotte green auto.... as a daily
    '37 Ford Y street rod......... something for the weekend!

...... if a photobucket pic is foggy, click it, and it'll take you to the clear version, yes, it's a clicking faff....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast