Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Boxster Spyder

Wise man, Nick

I tried to read it from the end backwards, and lost interest, so I may have missed something, but AFIACS it was still £8k+

Much bandwidth was consumed in 'debate' between those who think the parts prices should be lower, and those arguing that it is what it is - and if you can't afford it then don't buy the car.
    Purple '95 manual targa

That's about as far as I dared read.

I think it's probably the same as the Range Rover Sport owners' club; they cannot have club meets because a brawl will inevitably break out.
    Last edited by Nick Graves; 11-10-2011 at 01:33 PM. Reason: my fingers are playing different tunes
    Nick

“I find myself irresistibly attracted to cars that nobody else buys. The NSX is a classic of the genre because nobody buys it and yet it’s a fantastic car. It’s got a wonderful compactness and simplicity and unpretentiousness to it. Honda rudely continues to make them whether we like it or not, even though there can be no commercial logic in doing so — I thoroughly admire that.” Rowan Atkinson

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Graves View Post
    Sorry, I cannot read the GTROC forum for reasons of sanity - although the R35 guys are probably largely OK; I know Crispy through S2Ki.

What WAS the final outcome? Only NSX money in the end?
    I read it once to some depth, though can't recall the exact outcome and am not going to go there again...

I think the gist was that initially the dealer was saying it'd all be £11k and take ages to fix, but in the end Nissan stepped in and made it happen quicker, at a lower cost and contributed to by them, and I believe they also said the same would happen should the same circumstances occur. Of course, actually crashing into a pedestrian and setting off the bonnet release might be deemed intended usage, and you'd be on your own...
    ex owner - various Hondas inc 03 NFR NSX-T
    Current fun car Lotus Evora 400

Thanks, Ewan. You're a brave man.
    Nick

“I find myself irresistibly attracted to cars that nobody else buys. The NSX is a classic of the genre because nobody buys it and yet it’s a fantastic car. It’s got a wonderful compactness and simplicity and unpretentiousness to it. Honda rudely continues to make them whether we like it or not, even though there can be no commercial logic in doing so — I thoroughly admire that.” Rowan Atkinson

I wonder if Ewan offers other translation services...do you think he'd survive Scoobynet?!?
    "No man with a good car needs to be justified"

Blue '08 FD2 CTR - big, ITR-sized shoes to fill...
    Yellow '96 NSX 3.0 - oh was it worth the wait!
    Black '99 ITR - well, I had to have another one, the first was so much fun. Miss this one even more than #1...
    Blue '03 S2000 - SOLD, flawed but fun
    Blue '04 Focus TDCi Sport - SOLD, very good fun for a diesel!
    Black '00 ITR - SOLD, still missed
    Red '98 Civic VTi - SOLD, probably still bombproof

Quote Originally Posted by havoc View Post
    I wonder if Ewan offers other translation services...do you think he'd survive Scoobynet?!?
    Anything but Scoobynet. That's worse than Detroit! (anyone get the quote?)

Cheers,

James.

Quote Originally Posted by Papalazarou View Post
    Anything but Scoobynet. That's worse than Detroit! (anyone get the quote?)

Cheers,

James.

I had to gooogle it as I'd forgotten that line.

Guess I picked a bad day to give up lines....
    Nick

You are McCroskey AICMFP!

Black '99 ITR - well, I had to have another one, the first was so much fun. Miss this one even more than #1...

I had to gooogle it as I'd forgotten that line.

It's a bit wrong, but quite funny. Where would we gave been without the Zuckers?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g09GtnWdBjc

Quote Originally Posted by Papalazarou View Post
    It's a bit wrong, but quite funny. Where would we gave been without the Zuckers?
    Over Mucho Grande?

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast