Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: T7 nsx

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Graves View Post
    Maybe I'm being harsh & the black looks better in the metal!
    It definitely does, the photos below are rubbish of the wheels as I am no photographer and couldn't stop the flash from coming on when taking the pictures - other than them needing finishing off - centres need to be contrasting - most people who have seen them in the flesh prefer the new look
    2001 IOP Pre-facelift - BB roof & alloys - Taitec GT Lightweight - Downforce AIS

2. Default New pipes

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SAM_0599.jpg 
Views:	186 
Size:	57.3 KB 
ID:	10724Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SAM_0600.jpg 
Views:	193 
Size:	30.2 KB 
ID:	10725

Super Taitec GT Lightweight
    2001 IOP Pre-facelift - BB roof & alloys - Taitec GT Lightweight - Downforce AIS

Nice upgrade with a great sound, although I noticed in the second picture that there seems to be an inner tube?

How are you finding the Yokohama tyres for grip and are they 245 in size (rear) ?
    1999 3.2 Manual 6 Spd Coupe
    Honda's Finest Hour

4. Default

I know, the inner tube is not visible when you look at it but the camera has clearly picked it up - as all tail pipes are wider than the exhaust tubing I guess all have this?

The tyres are standard size, so yes 245's on the rear - grip is great in the dry & damp - only had one day of standing water on the roads since I put them on and is it was the day they were fitted I was taking it very easy!
    Last edited by sigilobaphomet; 15-11-2011 at 01:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sigilobaphomet View Post
    .....tyres are standard size, so yes 245's on the rear - grip is great in the dry & damp - only had one day of standing water on the roads since I put them on and is it was the day they were fitted I was taking it very easy!
    I was out with the Kent car club on Sunday ... these tyres are great in the dry, OK in the damp providing its WARM, if however its cold and misty as it was @ 6.30am, treat them as though its wet and take care. Car felt twitchy and they do not like standing water at all. FYI I'm runnung with 255 rears, stock fronts.

regards, Paul
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Senninha View Post
    I was out with the Kent car club on Sunday ... these tyres are great in the dry, OK in the damp providing its WARM, if however its cold and misty as it was @ 6.30am, treat them as though its wet and take care. Car felt twitchy and they do not like standing water at all. FYI I'm runnung with 255 rears, stock fronts.l
    Thanks for the tip, the GTR on Dunlops was the only car I ever felt comfortable thrashing in the wet, any advantage of running with 255 rears?

Pete

Hi Pete,

I opted for the 255 as I had previously been running the RE070 NSX-R tyre which is this size ... plus the tyre shop didn't charge a premium for the 255 over the 245 so I stayed with the sizes I was running.

Does it make a difference? I'm sure a better driver than I could tell the difference, but for me its what I'm used too.

For reference, comared the RE070 the Yoko's have a far wider operating window, the RE really do only like dry surfaces and the hotter the better!

regards, Paul
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

255 width rears were fitted as standard to the 02+ cars.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Senninha View Post
    For reference, comared the RE070 the Yoko's have a far wider operating window, the RE really do only like dry surfaces and the hotter the better!
    Paul

Thanks for the tip, again!, I might stick 255's on next time - I'm guessing the fronts last twice as long as the rears?

Never been a fan of Bridgestones, I put RE070's on as replacements on the GTR as they were much cheaper (£300 each) than the OEM Dunlops (£550 each) but they were no comparison - also got RE050's on my Type R GT and they're not great on a fwd car.

Pete

Hi Pete,

I'm not particularly hard on tyres so will be interested to see what I get from the Yoko's. I ran the Goodyear F1's and at 19k miles the rears were semi slick but the fronts still had an even 3mm of tread. If I get half this with the Yoko's I reckon its still good mileage ...

As Simon points out I'm running on 02 rims so hence the 255's

regards, Paul

Quote Originally Posted by sigilobaphomet View Post
    Paul

Thanks for the tip, again!, I might stick 255's on next time - I'm guessing the fronts last twice as long as the rears?

Pete
    Senninha

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast