Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: T7 nsx

Sorry not for me.It's your car and if that's what you like,go for it,but i never did like the black roof on the NSX and i only like a non-silver alloy if it has a polished lip.
    92 brown/blue/gold manual coupe sadly stolen:
    96 Brooklands Green manual T-top.Sadly now sold
    04 Formula Red manual coupe Very sadly sold

I prefer the original look, too.

Got used to the F16 roof now, but the rental Corsa wheels minus trims are too dark.
    Nick

“I find myself irresistibly attracted to cars that nobody else buys. The NSX is a classic of the genre because nobody buys it and yet it’s a fantastic car. It’s got a wonderful compactness and simplicity and unpretentiousness to it. Honda rudely continues to make them whether we like it or not, even though there can be no commercial logic in doing so — I thoroughly admire that.” Rowan Atkinson

I would of kept it original color... and I think vinyl wrap is better than painting over in this case
    Last edited by etang789; 10-10-2011 at 02:59 AM.

We are a conservative lot here!

But I must agree with the consensus so far - the car looked fantastic in the colour scheme it left the factory with, rather less so now to my eyes.

Each to their own though.
    2001 3.2 Circuit Blue Coupe with pop-ups!

"If you want to argue that The Best Car in the World is a supercar, go ahead. But there is only one that makes the grade. Only one that's built properly.
    Gordon Murray knows.
    Rowan Atkinson knows.
    It's the Honda NSX."
    (J. Clarkson)

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Graves View Post
    but the rental Corsa wheels minus trims are too dark.
    Wot?! How can you even mention a frickin Corsa in the same breath as an NSX Lambo or McLaren I could live with....
    2001 IOP Pre-facelift - BB roof & alloys - Taitec GT Lightweight - Downforce AIS

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Hagasan View Post
    You were saying Paul.....!!

I think the car needs lowering now because the combination of black roof and wheels has the effect of (to my eyes at least) making it look "on stilts"
    Believe me in the flesh it now looks lower, the combination of the black tyres, wheels and inner wheel arches actually make the wheels look bigger and hide the 4inch plus gap above the rear wheel on the standard car.
    2001 IOP Pre-facelift - BB roof & alloys - Taitec GT Lightweight - Downforce AIS

Quote Originally Posted by sigilobaphomet View Post
    Wot?! How can you even mention a frickin Corsa in the same breath as an NSX Lambo or McLaren I could live with....
    I don't think those are available with steel wheels!

I think you can get away with black Spoon SW388s on a white JDM-look EK9 Civic - just. But I think they look like a rental Audi A3 on steel winter rims...

Maybe I'm being harsh & the black looks better in the metal, but I think solaris silver was dead cool on Tegs and NSXs. Lotus does an anthracite that works because of the metallicness.

In the interests of fairness, I should declare that I have bronze Mugen GPs on my S2000, BTW!
    Nick

“I find myself irresistibly attracted to cars that nobody else buys. The NSX is a classic of the genre because nobody buys it and yet it’s a fantastic car. It’s got a wonderful compactness and simplicity and unpretentiousness to it. Honda rudely continues to make them whether we like it or not, even though there can be no commercial logic in doing so — I thoroughly admire that.” Rowan Atkinson

Well I didn't see this coming .. maybe to Ary's old car but not this one ... but then like Gary I've also changed a few bits on mine to make it my car ...

I would have gone for a lighter wheel colour, maybe one of the 'polished' gunmetal finishes to keep it a bit brighter. What colour are you painting the calipers? IOP maybe?

Enjoy yourself and its al reversible if the need arises ...

regards, Paul
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

I would have gone with the gun metal option, although I do like and certainly want to like the black wheel look.
    It's frustrating that what you like, isn't always what looks good. And, what looks good and what feels good are seldom the same. But that's a comment more about sex really, and a film quote. Anyone?
    Anyway, Porsche cars seem to suit black wheels very well. I think the curviness helps. not so sure about other brands, especially Ferrari oddly.

Cheers,

James.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Senninha View Post
    What colour are you painting the calipers? IOP maybe?
    Still undecided on the calipers - either IOP or BB to match the wheels - undecided as still not decided on what to do with the centre 'H' on the wheel and the 'NSX" on the caliper?

Black wheel/black caliper + silver H & NSX
    Black wheel/IOP caliper + IOP H & Black NSX

Any pointer on caliper paint & laquer? especially if I go for IOP?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast