Thread: The cost of NSX parts - part 2

Default The cost of NSX parts - part 2

I've cribbed this from a thread on S2Ki, as it's probably of some interest:

jody, on 29 September 2011 - 02:24 PM, said:

I remember a particularly slow day a number of years ago when I added up the cost of all the
    NSX components on EPC. Came to a whisker over £443,000 in the end - mind you each alu panel
    (wing/Quarter,etc) is around 2k + vat...

Don't clout the front wheels too hard either, a wheel is £1300 + vat, hub £1500, lower arm £1000
    and a steering rack £7907....

...Prices seem to have come down a little bit recently - a standard NSX gearlever is now only £326 + vat
    whereas the NSX-R version is £468. A lot of the prices seem fairly comparable between the two now apart
    from some major componentry - i.e, crank on a standard car is £3645, NSX-R is £4544..

Mind you, at least the rack is unassisted so that is only £1292 for a new one....

...prices were as of this morning on Honda EPC. To be fair, some of the prices do seem to have come
    down a bit in the last year or two - now they are merely ridiculous...

So the moral of the story is, if you really, really want an NSX, you can buy one new. You might however prefer a McL and a 911 for shopping instead. And a shedload of change.
    Nick

“I find myself irresistibly attracted to cars that nobody else buys. The NSX is a classic of the genre because nobody buys it and yet it’s a fantastic car. It’s got a wonderful compactness and simplicity and unpretentiousness to it. Honda rudely continues to make them whether we like it or not, even though there can be no commercial logic in doing so — I thoroughly admire that.” Rowan Atkinson

The price of packaging is a bitch.

That'd be a shedload of bubblewrap.

But what a great kit to assemble!
    Nick

“I find myself irresistibly attracted to cars that nobody else buys. The NSX is a classic of the genre because nobody buys it and yet it’s a fantastic car. It’s got a wonderful compactness and simplicity and unpretentiousness to it. Honda rudely continues to make them whether we like it or not, even though there can be no commercial logic in doing so — I thoroughly admire that.” Rowan Atkinson

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Graves View Post
    So the moral of the story is, if you really, really want an NSX, you can buy one new. You might however prefer a McL and a 911 for shopping instead. And a shedload of change.
    Luckily, not every single parts needs to be changed. Don't believe in McL and 911s doesn't break anything. Have a look at their parts prices and you'll soon find out that you'll need a tree of cash in your homeyard.

Quote Originally Posted by goldnsx View Post
    Luckily, not every single parts needs to be changed. Don't believe in McL and 911s doesn't break anything. Have a look at their parts prices and you'll soon find out that you'll need a tree of cash in your homeyard.
    I was thinking more if you wanted to make a completely new NSX, probably from a chassis number.

You could do it with an MGB, but I wouldn't want to.
    Nick

Just Honda trying to fe pup the USD 18K they lost on each car!