Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Hot rods

first thing is to decide what you actually want, I decided I wanted a Y after seeing one at a show.

once you have decided what you want, then you can start looking for suitable projects

oh and while i think of it, I've always described a hotrodder as a car restorer who can't be bothered to find the right parts... why search for months for the correct winder handle, when you can fit electric windows!
    Last edited by britlude; 22-09-2011 at 07:38 PM.
    aka Jonathan!!

'92 charlotte green auto.... as a daily
    '37 Ford Y street rod......... something for the weekend!

...... if a photobucket pic is foggy, click it, and it'll take you to the clear version, yes, it's a clicking faff....

James,

I have pondered the same thing as you many many times, and even though I still have my faithfull 1992 NSX, when and IF I ever decide its time to finally put the old thing to sleep, the only car that turns my head just now is the Aston Martin DB9, (even though I would love a Lagonda...a car that's so **** it's fantastic -well in my eyes).
    However I've just shelled out for a 06 plate supercharged Range rover sport, so the ol' NSX stays for now.

Happy hunting (although you know you'll just go full circle and end up with ANOTHER NSX after what ever you decide to go for!!!)

Jim
    1992 NSX, 3.0 Manual, (Was Sebring Silver) Now Kaiser Silver

2018 Jaguar XE, 2.0 R-Sport 250, Loire Blue.

2013 Kawazaki ER6F, Metalic Green.

Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

James just remember you will never get the money back that you spend modifying a car. Your market for resale diminishes greatly once a car is modified. Finding someone who understands a modified car is worth more, because you have bolted quality expensive goodies onto it, is rare. Generally you are likely to get some of your money back if you return the car to original and sell it and the bolt on goodies seperately.

My other view point is that if you modify a car to keep it, then that's when it only makes financial sense. This is because the car then becomes a hobby and the tweaking and modifying never stops because that's what you do with your free time. Hobbies are things you do because you enjoy them not because they are financially viable.

I understand your reasons for wanting to sell your 54 plate but personally I believe the only thing that can replace an Nsx is another Nsx, they are unique.

So my suggestion would be sell the 54, find another tidy earlier car then with the remaining pennies buy a S2k paint it lime green, modify it and then drive around a track many times and enjoy !

Cheers Pete.
    91 Honda Nsx
    90 VW Golf 16v (Track Hack)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234