Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: "H16 NSX" 1992 on the market

"Immobiliser slot nasty by current standards" . . . . probably [and a complete speculation by myself] a standard Thatham Cat 1 immobiliser of the period, manufactured by Hamilton-Palmer, badged Honda and supplied and fitted by a Honda garage. If it is, check that the programming 'plipper' is supplied as will be needed to programme additional or replacement remotes.

I have to agree with James on this one. If that were my car for sale and i read that sort of comment on a forum,from someone who has never even seen the car i would be pretty pi$$ed off.
    As forum admin asked previously,unless someone knows the car personally,dont make derogatory comments about it.
    92 brown/blue/gold manual coupe sadly stolen:
    96 Brooklands Green manual T-top.Sadly now sold
    04 Formula Red manual coupe Very sadly sold

Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    Expensive enough for an early tonup mile-er though...
    Not at all. An absolute bargain if this design milestone and appreciating modern classic machine is indeed a reasonably straight, honest example. Even the legendary Honda NSX gains a few age wrinkles (laughter lines ) after 20 years and could benefit from a little cosmetic surgery

Cheers

Mark
    The older I get, the faster I was

Looks nicely presented, but then you'd hope that sort of dealer would do a proper prep.

Agree with Mark that, if straight and well-maintained, it's a sensible price. It's the classic colour in the original spec, and a couple of scuffs aside looks pretty tidy inside and out. I'd be checking on the history carefully, see if anything beyond 'just servicing' has been done, as that age and miles will probably mean quite a bit of refurb work required over the next few years.

Re: ignition slot - doesn't look stolen, just used by someone clumsy! The immobiliser slot is better than some I've seen but unfortunate, as it can't be 'cleanly removed'. If it is a H-P system I'd be getting someone to rip it out and replace it with something decent - H-P don't have the best of reputations, just ask S2000 owners!
    "No man with a good car needs to be justified"

Blue '08 FD2 CTR - big, ITR-sized shoes to fill...
    Yellow '96 NSX 3.0 - oh was it worth the wait!
    Black '99 ITR - well, I had to have another one, the first was so much fun. Miss this one even more than #1...
    Blue '03 S2000 - SOLD, flawed but fun
    Blue '04 Focus TDCi Sport - SOLD, very good fun for a diesel!
    Black '00 ITR - SOLD, still missed
    Red '98 Civic VTi - SOLD, probably still bombproof

Many thanks for all construtive comments thus far.

I know I've already asked but just in case it was missed I'll ask again, if there are any previous owners or persons that know the car in the flesh out there, a PM with any insights would be really appreciated. I ask again because I'm off to see the car myself on Saturday.

Many thanks,
    James

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy View Post
    ".....I ask again because I'm off to see the car myself on Saturday.

Many thanks,
    James
    And your verdict is ....
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

My money is that it would be bought....

SS
    Lexus LC500h.......New Daily run around with some saving the Planet thoughts
    Black/black 95 NSX NA with mk1 Ary exhaust....Now sold
    Red/Black 91 NSX treasure.....FI No more NA
    Silver/Pearl White/Black 1993 NSX 3.0 5 MT NSX ZAZ R-GT Twin Scroll Turbo

Bought... by me!

Well put a deposit down to be precise. I need a week to get finances together, sort insurance etc. I spent a good few hours going over the car and its history with a fine tooth comb, and obviously gave it a good drive too. Made me feel good because it's by no means in absolutely perfect condition, but just came across as a really well loved and looked after 19 year old car. Only substantial wear is on the drivers seat, which I guess you'd expect for a 100k car. I love the fact it's almost exactly as it was when it came out of the factory all those years ago; I think the only modifications are the immobiliser and a retro apline CD changer.

I'm just so chuffed to be joining the NSX owners club. I really don't mean this to sound pretentious (and sorry if it does!), but when I started doing ok for myself I set myself the target of having earned myself an NSX by the time I was 25, and I'm proud to be able to say I've done it!

Thanks so much to everybody here for helping me in my search. I look forward to meeting you in person at an NSX meet soon

James

Well done and congrats James....a very warm welcome to NSX ownership.

The car does look good in the pics in my eyes too....It's the fastest colour!
    Look forward to seeing you and your car at one of the meets.

SS
    Lexus LC500h.......New Daily run around with some saving the Planet thoughts
    Black/black 95 NSX NA with mk1 Ary exhaust....Now sold
    Red/Black 91 NSX treasure.....FI No more NA
    Silver/Pearl White/Black 1993 NSX 3.0 5 MT NSX ZAZ R-GT Twin Scroll Turbo

10. Default

Congrats - look forward to meeting up and seeing the car :-)
    Mike

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast