Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "H16 NSX" 1992 on the market

Default "H16 NSX" 1992 on the market

Hi All,

As previously mentioned I am on the NSX hunt, and looking for general opinion on the NSX "H16 NSX" which is on autotrader / pistonheads / eBay, not to be confused with "H6 NSX" which is coincidentally also up at the moment and discussed in another thread.

http://mobile.pistonheads.com/sales/3195144.htm

Particularly interested to hear from any previous owners or those that have come across the car before.

Thanks as always,
    James

Looks to me like it's priced to match the description

What's going on around the ignition? Stolen at some stage?

Ad is quiet on where the SH is from, or what a "big" service is. If you're comfortable with the answers to these, worth a look.

Expensive enough for an early tonup mile-er though...

Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    What's going on around the ignition? Stolen at some stage?
    Dont see anything wrong with the ignition other than it has the immobiliser slot next to it.
    “Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.”

後は、残っているものに関係なく、不可能なことを排除する方法 ありそうもない、真実でなければなりません。

Quote Originally Posted by Sudesh View Post
    Dont see anything wrong with the ignition other than it has the immobiliser slot next to it.
    Maybe just me, but I think it looks pretty scuffed around the edge of the recess - like something's been levering the barrel. Immobiliser slot nasty by current standards, but perfectly liveable withable for a car that's come through the nineties (and therefore many earlier, typically intrusive, generations of security).

Here we go again........

Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    Maybe just me, but I think it looks pretty scuffed around the edge of the recess - like something's been levering the barrel. Immobiliser slot nasty by current standards, but perfectly liveable withable for a car that's come through the nineties (and therefore many earlier, typically intrusive, generations of security).
    I've seen that kind of scuffing on a few cars, even later models, noting out of the norm there!
    “Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.”

後は、残っているものに関係なく、不可能なことを排除する方法 ありそうもない、真実でなければなりません。

Quote Originally Posted by Papalazarou View Post
    Here we go again........
    James - I appreciate your feelings on general comments on cars, but this one seems inconsistent with your stated code to such commentary. A prospective buyer has here asked for opinions. I have offered some based on my experience... I do so because similar commentary from others was immensely useful to me when buying. Sudesh has subsequently countered with rational and informed comments negating my points. Thus, in the round, NSXCB has highlighted some things visible in photos and decided, as a hive-mind, that things are fine.

I find that useful, but am willing to hear why it's not, or why it's frivolous, or why unhelpful, or otherwise negative, given the context of a specific request for comments from a potential buyer.

I was just surprised how you could get from from a few scuffs around the barrel. To looks like 'Someone's been levering it.' In fact on an earlier post you hint it may have been stolen.
    I don't think that was inconsistent with my views at all. As Sudesh pointed out this is a pretty standard wear pattern, even on later cars. It didn't seem unreasonable to think that your comments were a bit 'OTT' in light of the heated discussion we'd had the day before.

Cheers,

James.
    Last edited by Papalazarou; 08-09-2011 at 07:21 AM.

Indeed, it hides behind the wheel & your hand & is unlit.

Unless you use your finger to find the slot & slide it in gently and if you are the sort of brute that simply stabs away at it until it goes in, it will end up all scraggy & tatty.
    Nick

“I find myself irresistibly attracted to cars that nobody else buys. The NSX is a classic of the genre because nobody buys it and yet it’s a fantastic car. It’s got a wonderful compactness and simplicity and unpretentiousness to it. Honda rudely continues to make them whether we like it or not, even though there can be no commercial logic in doing so — I thoroughly admire that.” Rowan Atkinson

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Graves View Post
    Indeed, it hides behind the wheel & your hand & is unlit.

Unless you use your finger to find the slot & slide it in gently and if you are the sort of brute that simply stabs away at it until it goes in, it will end up all scraggy & tatty.
    The sort of brute that stabs away at it until it goes in ?

Are we still talking ignition barrels here?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast