Thread: Wanted -2004-2005 nsx !!

Red face Wanted -2004-2005 nsx !!

Hi ,
    My name is Andrew & I live in NewZealand.
    I'm after a late model (2004-2005) NSX.

Car must be in absolute MINT condition with full comprehensive service history as our importation rules here are pretty strict.
    Low mileage ( pref under 20K miles ) is preferrable.
    Any exterior/interior colour combo's are to be considered.

I'm a private buyer ( not a dealer) & I'm looking to own long term.
    If you have such a car or know the whereabouts of one please drop me a line .

regards
    Andrew Bryant ( dedoo-7@hotmail.com)

Are you after a manual or an automatic?

I'm sure you know the following, but here it is anyway

The place to look in Japan is carsensor.net. Japan has the most RHD NSX, and therefore the best choice, but also the highest prices even taking into consideration the very strong NZ$.

The UK has less than 20 2004/5 NSX, so the chances of finding one up for sale at the moment are slim.

Good luck with your search - I'll be round to have a look if and when you do land one!!

PM sent
    Last edited by NZNick; 02-08-2011 at 11:15 PM.

cheers Nick, There have been a few come up for sale in the past year or so but missed out as I had other toys to offload.
    I'm patient & I'm sure one will surface.
    There is this one in Bedfordw for sale right now:
    http://www.embankmentcars.com/287435/used-cars.htm however corresponding with the dealer is proving very hard , this car was for sale on piston heads for 35K but was too slow....... If I hear back from the guy I'll fly over & check it out.
    I've been looking in Japan but man are they expensive there , the locals love them & obviously they have a cult following hence the pricing. Also the *** spec cars have the ugly dash mounted TV/SatNav set up which in my opinion looks ridiculous. The UK spec cars are what I'm after.
    I do know where one of the 2 yellow NZ new 1997 3.2 targa 6speeds are & will be making an enquiry soon too on that car. Could be a good compromise , old school look however the later drive train & grunt of the 3.2 engine.
    Where a bouts are you located?

Hi Andrew and welcome.

I believe the yellow car for sale with Embankment cars is the same one as discussed in this thread:

http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/showthread.ph...low-Manual-NSX

Good luck with the search.

Ian
    2001 3.2 Circuit Blue Coupe with pop-ups!

"If you want to argue that The Best Car in the World is a supercar, go ahead. But there is only one that makes the grade. Only one that's built properly.
    Gordon Murray knows.
    Rowan Atkinson knows.
    It's the Honda NSX."
    (J. Clarkson)

thanks Ian, looks like it'll be a big ask finding a nice car afterall.

You are right, it wont be easy, but stay patient, they do come on to the market every now and again. But you will have to react quickly - the good cars don't hang around long - typically sold within a few days.

I am probably biased, but I think it would be a mistake to ignore the NA2 pop-up cars - they come with most of the benefits of the face lift cars, and it widens the field a little for you.
    2001 3.2 Circuit Blue Coupe with pop-ups!

"If you want to argue that The Best Car in the World is a supercar, go ahead. But there is only one that makes the grade. Only one that's built properly.
    Gordon Murray knows.
    Rowan Atkinson knows.
    It's the Honda NSX."
    (J. Clarkson)

WhyOne? makes a very good point. The field is very limited for the latest cars, so broadening the search to all 3.2l cars makes sense to me. I am assuming that you are after a manual rather than just a facelift car?

Yup def after a 3.2 & manual ....... I do like the pop up headlamp model ..... they are the original style & with the 3.2 engine mated to the 6 speed ( and a targa option ) would be a great car to own.
    I'm following a lead on one of the NZ new Indy Yellow cars that the owner might offload. Full history & apparantly very very tidy.

Excellent thinking but.........I waited 3 years for mine in the UK - in all that time mine was only the second one to go on sale, the first one was high mileage and in relatively poor condition. They exist - probably about a dozen of them - but very rare and hard to come by. I have not seen one for sale since in the UK. The coupé rather than targa would broaden your search a bit and of course the post 2001 non-pop ups come up reasonably regularly but at a price.

Good hunting!
    1999 3.2 Manual NA2 Targa in Formula Red

Well there's only 2 targa's in NZ & I've just got off the phone talking with the owner of the 1999 NA2 Targa....... could be a goer & closer to home :-).
    If I have no luck then I'll still happily settle for a later facelift hardtop ....... patience will pay off I think.