Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My NSX mini me!!!

1. Default

That is amazing work, well done!
    '02 Honda NSX [Garage Queen]
    '17 Huracan Performante [Weekend Car]
    '19 Porsche Macan [Daily]

about time for a little update....

green mats fitted in the real one, green mats needed in the mini-me! so off to ebay for dolls house green carpet....

and while i was there added the AT pedals... about time!
    aka Jonathan!!

'92 charlotte green auto.... as a daily
    '37 Ford Y street rod......... something for the weekend!

...... if a photobucket pic is foggy, click it, and it'll take you to the clear version, yes, it's a clicking faff....

The more you do to the mini-me version the more it puts me off even starting on mine!

Was the motivation anything to do with haveing the interior out on the big one that you felt the need to do the same on mini-me?

Me thinks its time you got the paints out and colour coded the console and armrest switch panels .. you'll only get bored otherwise!!
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

Quote Originally Posted by Senninha View Post
    Me thinks its time you got the paints out and colour coded the console and armrest switch panels .. you'll only get bored otherwise!!
    you really think i haven't done them already??? i have all manner of projects to stave off boredom!!! lol
    aka Jonathan!!

...... if a photobucket pic is foggy, click it, and it'll take you to the clear version, yes, it's a clicking faff....

Quote Originally Posted by britlude View Post
    you really think i haven't done them already??? i have all manner of projects to stave off boredom!!! lol
    I know of another small project you could complete ... Please
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

the main reason mini-me was in bits was to tweak the front marker/indicators to lose the orange and gain the DRL effect.... so bits were removed, tweaked and modded to get the effect....

lost the orange and gained a line....

aka Jonathan!!

hmmm.... hang on, i'll make it a bit clearer....

....why do things by halves???? lol
    aka Jonathan!!

to say it was a bit of a fiddly challenge was an understatement! soldering 2 wires to a surface mount led chip the size of 3 sugar grains was a pain, then to do it 10 times.....

plastic light guides cut and 10 leds glued in.... with a standard scalpel blade to give some idea of scale!

gets the effect i want!

bearing in mind only the very front edge is seen, the rest was painted silver. i just wanted the line of 5 lights to show!

when it's fitted into a slot cut in the light housing it all worked nicely.

once wired up to a 9v battery mounted in the boot and a switch under the rear valance it was done!

all good, and not quite as extreme as the 1/24 mini model i had on the back shelf of my mini (pretty much an exact replica of course) that had all the lights working, in sync with the lights on the actual car!
    aka Jonathan!!

Looks great Jonathan...When will you be working on a minute scale functioning V6 motor in?!? Have you seen those type of things on youtube?

10. Default

This reminds me of my Warhammer days but in alot more OCD and detail! Great Work!
    Formula Red NA2
    Imola Orange NA2
    Yellow NA2

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast