Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Facelift midnight purple coupe

Thumbs up Facelift midnight purple coupe

“Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.”

後は、残っているものに関係なく、不可能なことを排除する方法 ありそうもない、真実でなければなりません。

“Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.”

There's one in the UK...Manual as well...albeit 5 gears.

SS
    Lexus LC500h.......New Daily run around with some saving the Planet thoughts
    Black/black 95 NSX NA with mk1 Ary exhaust....Now sold
    Red/Black 91 NSX treasure.....FI No more NA
    Silver/Pearl White/Black 1993 NSX 3.0 5 MT NSX ZAZ R-GT Twin Scroll Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Surfer View Post
    There's one in the UK...Manual as well...albeit 5 gears.

SS
    Is there! I didnt realise there was any midnight purple coupes in the uk, no matter if it was auto/manual facelift or pre-facelift!

Who owns it and is it original or a re-spary job?

Quote Originally Posted by Sudesh View Post
    Is there! I didnt realise there was any midnight purple coupes in the uk, no matter if it was auto/manual facelift or pre-facelift!

Who owns it and is it original or a re-spary job?
    Sorry Sudesh...my bad...It's a targa not a coupe....Mark Ns ......but it's a facelift now.

SS
    Lexus LC500h.......New Daily run around with some saving the Planet thoughts
    Black/black 95 NSX NA with mk1 Ary exhaust....Now sold
    Red/Black 91 NSX treasure.....FI No more NA
    Silver/Pearl White/Black 1993 NSX 3.0 5 MT NSX ZAZ R-GT Twin Scroll Turbo

Love the colour, but would prefer it on a popup targa
    Purple '95 manual targa

Quote Originally Posted by Geraint View Post
    Love the colour, but would prefer it on a popup targa
    I concur.....

Interesting to see this pictures. I was considering having my 02+ wheels on my Midnight pop-up painted a darker colour a couple of months ago. I asked Justin on his book tour for his thoughts aswith him being into photography I thought he may have a better eye for these things.... He said it would look **** and a little dissapointed I though mm, oh well.

Having seen these pictures I think I now agree with his opinion. Something of the presence of the car seems to be a little lost with the dark wheels. I know dark wheels are fashionable at the moment and easier at hiding the brake dust/dirt but I think lighter wheels are better on this car for it's stance... Obviously each to their own but nice to see an example rather than going for it and being dissapointed with the result. I have so much trouble with house colour paints too!! Can never seem to "picture" the end result....just not the arty-farty type I guess.....

I agree re the wheels. I think a shade or two darker than standard might look OK, but those look really dark and there's no contrast with the colour of the car. Bit of a let down, in my opinion.

Had the same thought myself but ended up going with the OEM Solaris Silver for my refurb, and haven't regretted it
    Purple '95 manual targa

Just picked up this thread. I've got a midnight purple targa with tan leather - 1997 5 speed. Bought it in 2000 and never seen another.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image-1507112734.jpg 
Views:	391 
Size:	27.0 KB 
ID:	10195

Just got back from our annual 4 week trip across Europe - this year France, Corsica and Spain. Car went like a dream; photo take 6000ft up in the Pyrenees.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast