Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2005 yellow Manual NSX

Post 2005 yellow Manual NSX

Not great photos but cant see it sitting around for long! Got be rare as the last yellow facelift as we know met a sad end.

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/3006303.htm
    “Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.”

後は、残っているものに関係なく、不可能なことを排除する方法 ありそうもない、真実でなければなりません。

WOULD LOVE TO BUY THIS CAR.

even with crap pics looks FANTASTIC

she should sell pretty quickly at that price and condition looks decent

Quote Originally Posted by Sudesh View Post
    Not great photos but cant see it sitting around for long! Got be rare as the last yellow facelift as we know met a sad end.

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/3006303.htm
    "The value of life can be measured by how many times you soul has been deeply stirred" - Soichiro Honda

I bet some trader will buy it within 48Hrs and then put it back for sale at £40K!!

SS
    Lexus LC500h.......New Daily run around with some saving the Planet thoughts
    Black/black 95 NSX NA with mk1 Ary exhaust....Now sold
    Red/Black 91 NSX treasure.....FI No more NA
    Silver/Pearl White/Black 1993 NSX 3.0 5 MT NSX ZAZ R-GT Twin Scroll Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Surfer View Post
    I bet some trader will buy it within 48Hrs and then put it back for sale at £40K!!

SS
    Would tend to agree with you Kare.
    “Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.”

後は、残っているものに関係なく、不可能なことを排除する方法 ありそうもない、真実でなければなりません。

I'm currently out of the country, but had my brother-in-law go and have a look at the car this evening. He's no car expert and hadn't even heard of an NSX before today, but lives near Glasgow and was happy to have a look at it.

Apparently the car is as described. My BIL said that he drove the car and it seemed to handle well.

However...

He said that the driver's door didn't seem totally aligned, i.e. the gap around the door didn't seem even all the way around. Also, the boot didn't seem totally aligned with the car's body panels, i.e. protruded upwards near the hinges. These may be very minor issues that require just a little adjustment - I don't know. However, a much bigger issue (for me at least) is that the car doesn't have a documented service history. The seller has a few receipts from recent work done (cambelt change done by a local non-Honda outfit and new front tyres), but that's about all. This seems strange to me for a car with >30K on the clock.

I don't think I'm going to pursue this car any further. If I were an NSX expert, I probably would, as it seems a great price for a 55 plate with one previous owner (Honda UK). Apparently, there is a guy flying up to Glasgow from London tomorrow to see it. If he's an NSX expert/fan or a dealer, I'm sure he'll buy it. Will be interesting to see if it stays in the UK...

Mani.

My feeling when looking at the (very poor) ad was that this was too good to be true...............
    2001 3.2 Circuit Blue Coupe with pop-ups!

"If you want to argue that The Best Car in the World is a supercar, go ahead. But there is only one that makes the grade. Only one that's built properly.
    Gordon Murray knows.
    Rowan Atkinson knows.
    It's the Honda NSX."
    (J. Clarkson)

Is it just the shockingly bad phone photos, or IS the driver's door a different colour from the rear wing?

Mani's BIL may not know much about NSXs, but he's certainly no fool!

Honestly; I never realised the search for good NSXs could be so difficult - until I started. It's clearly got worse since.
    Nick

“I find myself irresistibly attracted to cars that nobody else buys. The NSX is a classic of the genre because nobody buys it and yet it’s a fantastic car. It’s got a wonderful compactness and simplicity and unpretentiousness to it. Honda rudely continues to make them whether we like it or not, even though there can be no commercial logic in doing so — I thoroughly admire that.” Rowan Atkinson

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Graves
    Is it just the shockingly bad phone photos, or IS the driver's door a different colour from the rear wing?

Mani's BIL may not know much about NSXs, but he's certainly no fool!

Honestly; I never realised the search for good NSXs could be so difficult - until I started. It's clearly got worse since.
    Nick, I hope you're still enjoying the one you finally ended up with?! :-)
    From my mentor: 'Remember, with great power, comes great responsibility' K.Cooke 2007

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Graves View Post
    Far be it for me to accuse anyone of anything, but come to think of it, the seller was very insistent that my BIL come to view it immediately... i.e. in the dark.

Another thing that I remembered from my conversation with the seller was that I asked if the previous owner was Honda UK - my current '04 NSX was owned by Honda UK for 2 years before being owned privately - to which he replied "yes". Seems strange that this was not mentioned in the ad. Also, the previous owner of my car was given a 4-year extended warranty from Bristol Honda (which I've extended for another 3 years for £725), which probably accounts for the car having had a service conducted by Bristol Honda every year irrespective of mileage. If this '55 NSX was bought directly from Honda, would it not have had an extended warranty... and the obligatory full Honda service history?

This is total speculation on my part. Of course there is a part of me that hopes this car is a dud - it's £9K less than I paid for mine, and a year newer... although mine has 13K less miles of the clock and really is totally immaculate inside and out.

Mani.

Bargain cars come up every now and again. Always tough to know how good they are.
    However, we as a forum are pretty critical of NSX adverts in general and although I'm not knocking speculation, I think it's quite common for people to post minimalist adverts. We as enthusiasts know our cars very well, so when it comes to advertising them we'd include all the important bits. To some owners it's just another shiny possession and they couldn't care less about the specifics. It doesn't mean there's anything sinister hidden away.

Cheers,

James.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast