Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: the nsx's that are up for sale at the moment.

Well, either that or he's a spectacularly incompetent driver! A silver one I looked at belonged to a Carcoat Damphands & IIRC in the end, I think HE got seller's remorse and counld't do it! Bit annoying for the Irish lad he dragged across the water with a deposit...

Do bear in mind that all asset prices are a bit inflated at the moment (everyone expects Sterling to tank with hyperinflation). But if you intend to keep the car, paying a tad over the odds in no big deal. Especially bearing in mind how much belts & clutches cost to change. I think I'd hedge in aluminium instead of currency at the moment too.

F uck it; you only live once!
    Nick

“I find myself irresistibly attracted to cars that nobody else buys. The NSX is a classic of the genre because nobody buys it and yet it’s a fantastic car. It’s got a wonderful compactness and simplicity and unpretentiousness to it. Honda rudely continues to make them whether we like it or not, even though there can be no commercial logic in doing so — I thoroughly admire that.” Rowan Atkinson

Hi Craig,

I think you will find the yellow NSX has been sold a few days ago. Looked okay not sure about the aftermarket steering wheel. The silver one has gone. Went to look at this, nice car, not very happy with Targa Florio.....stories on car not make sense....

Kingsley

3. Default

yeah steering wheel looked pony but if it was still with the car......looked nice in the pics on here as well.

the silver car is now listed as sold (not sure if the yellow one is yet)

should be viewing n11nsx tomorrow just need to ring the vendor this evening so we'll see how it goes.

there's a 911 i need to view tomorrow as well so it looks like i'll be racking up the miles this weekend

Hi Mathieu,
    I have been twice to look at this car N11 NSX. Nice car top money. Will not go less than £27,500. Lots of stone chips on front which have been touched up, nose looks as if it has been sprayed, 25mm chip above rear wheel arch near side, exhaust blowing, MOT runs out soon.

Kingsley

Unless you plan to keep the car for a long time and do serious mileages, don't dismiss a high-miler - with a few simple refreshes from Kaz (half age-related rather than mileage), mine (98k) still feels very fit-and-tight. Dampers probably ARE tired by now, but they really don't feel it - better ride (primary and secondary) than the wife's Golf GTi...

...and beyond that, there's not a lot to worry about until ~200k if the car is carefully maintained...at least, nothing that won't need looking at on a 50k car in the same ownership timeframe.
    "No man with a good car needs to be justified"

Blue '08 FD2 CTR - big, ITR-sized shoes to fill...
    Yellow '96 NSX 3.0 - oh was it worth the wait!
    Black '99 ITR - well, I had to have another one, the first was so much fun. Miss this one even more than #1...
    Blue '03 S2000 - SOLD, flawed but fun
    Blue '04 Focus TDCi Sport - SOLD, very good fun for a diesel!
    Black '00 ITR - SOLD, still missed
    Red '98 Civic VTi - SOLD, probably still bombproof

6. Default

Well it is a lovely car, took it out today & what a joy to drive compared to a 911.

Issues are mainly the tyres need replacing (more personal preference than due to wear-they look pretty old), it hasn't been serviced in 3 years & the targa roof has a squeek that is bordering on the rediculous, the vendor suggests silicone or talc would rectify it but why woudnt you sort that out before a viewing? It's coming from the front right hand side corner so perhaps a new seal is needed? Any targa owners cone across this?

I definatly would prefer a coupe for the rigidity, but there's something of the 2 in 1 about a targa that would be nice.

Yup; huge quantities of Holts silicone & rubber lubricant work wonders on old Hondas of any description. Especially convertibles/frameless windowed.

There are some here who believe the -T's deficiencies over the coupe may be ameliorated with chassis braces/Coupe-spec springs & dampers, so it's a possibility.

But yes - they are a fantastic drive.
    Nick

“I find myself irresistibly attracted to cars that nobody else buys. The NSX is a classic of the genre because nobody buys it and yet it’s a fantastic car. It’s got a wonderful compactness and simplicity and unpretentiousness to it. Honda rudely continues to make them whether we like it or not, even though there can be no commercial logic in doing so — I thoroughly admire that.” Rowan Atkinson

As I said before, this supposed difference in rigidity between a targa and a coupe is a complete myth but if you want to believe it fine. What is an important difference is exactly what you seem to have found - the sealant around the roof frame can perish after a while if not cared for and result in not only wind noise but even leaks.
    1999 3.2 Manual NA2 Targa in Formula Red

9. Default

i'm not sure about that at all nsx100, this car did suffer from scuttle shake. i've never been in a convertable car that didn't to be honest. obviously had the squeeking not been there i doubt it would have been as noticeable but it was there, the usual test of the rear view mirror vibrating over rough graound gives the game away.

however, that's absolutly not to say the targa isn't a fantastic car, with a brillient compramise between coupe & open top but to say the loss of rigidity is a myth is misleading. it was there in this low mileage example plain & simple.

i am aware that there may be other contributing factors however, there's also the possibility of suspension components being past their best, tyres that are old etc etc. any chink in the armour of an open top car will show itself in this way, whether its in primary or secondary ride if one piece of the system isn't doing it's job to an acceptable tollerance the shell is bound to suffer extra stress. & in a targa there will be only one result:

wobble

I have a targa, I can't compare it to a coupe but it certainly does suffer from some scuttle shake. (Hoping to make it to the Silverstone classic when someone may offer me a go in their coupe?)
    I bought a tube of Dow Corning 111 silicone grease, treated all the seals and stuffed loads into the locking points on the car and the roof.......job's a goodun.....no more rattles, squeaks or water ingress when washing with a hose.

Cheers,

Mathieu
    Mathieu

1996 NSX-T Manual ex Honda press car
    2014 Jaguar F Type coupe 340 LHD (Now sold)
    1996 MG RV8...only 14K miles
    1977 Ronart W152 S6....sounds like half a spitfire!
    1966 Ford Mustang Coupe GT K code
    1963 Volvo P1800S...immaculate in black/red

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast