Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: the nsx's that are up for sale at the moment.

1. Default the nsx's that are up for sale at the moment.

feel a bit cheeky, my first post being a new thread immediatly looking for help but i thought i'd join up & use you guys' fountains of knowledge, so a big newbie hello from sunny cumbria!

being a massive senna fan back in the day i was always into these cars but they seem to have passed me by, recently i've had cars such as a 911, m3csl exige etc & i thought it might be nice to sample honda's finest for a couple of years.

i'm a cash buyer so i don't necessarily need a dealer but i would be looking for a good deal if i was buying private. there are a couple of cars that look on the face of things quite nice (i don't want to go any higher than £30k though a lot less would be nice) & i do a fair few track days. that's not to say that i want an out & out track car but maybe a coupe would be better than a targa?

a few mods aren't out of the question (i like to tinker myself) but i'd want it to keep it's essence of nsx'ness if that makes sense?! as always with rare cars you're always hampered by what's out there but to make things more complicated i won't entertain the idea of an import-it must be a well historied uk car, & a manual!

so far these look nice:
    http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2489027.htm
    yellow i like but perhaps silver looks best on an nsx?
    http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2908598.htm
    this one looks lovely but it's a fair old price & the red interior is "a talking point" to say the least!

anyone know these cars or have an idea about them or any other cars that i should be looking at?

many thanks
    craig

Craig,
    The yellow one has been for sale for quite a long time. I looked at it, but it wasn't the car for me. I was looking for a car which had essentially not been modified, and which had been carefully maintained. This one had too many mods for me - exhaust, steering wheel (means you can't check if the cruise control works), smoke effect finish on the wheels, body trim at the back etc. IIRC the service history looked OK, but it had a nasty (IMO!) after market rubber bendy radio antenna rather than the original electric retracting one one. Since I couldn't see any aesthetic or functional advantage to the rubber bendy one, I assumed that the original had failed, and this one was a cheaper repair. Which left me feeling uncomfortable about whether other maintenance decisions had been made in the same way.... But I'm an NSX novice and might be doing the car a complete injustice. Only way to tell is go and have a look.

Peter
    1996 Green NSX-T manual

I remember the yellow one:

http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/showthread.ph...=brake%2Blight

and more interesting:

http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/showthread.ph...-to-fix-my-NSX

The mods Peter mentioned are not a big deal. The S2K style area not my cup of tea but some like it. The buttons on that wheel could be made to operate the cruise control. Not one for me but is workable.

I quite like the red interior on the silver car! (But then, I bought an S2000 in approximately this colour combination so I am biased!)

The vendor has omitted to mention this car is a targa.
    2001 3.2 Circuit Blue Coupe with pop-ups!

"If you want to argue that The Best Car in the World is a supercar, go ahead. But there is only one that makes the grade. Only one that's built properly.
    Gordon Murray knows.
    Rowan Atkinson knows.
    It's the Honda NSX."
    (J. Clarkson)

Hi,

When a guy fails to mention that fairly fundamental point, one instantly questions what else he's failed to mention. I sometimes wonder if a lot of cars stick because of a crap advert.

I should say that lousy suspension mods and incorrectly-sized and offset wheels are far more ruinous to an NSX than minor mods; if the bumper-car mast breaks, I'd probably do for a beesting DAB/FM twig too. For the same reason I prefer bubble lights; it adds simplicity & lightness. The pop-ups may be aesthetically appealing, but they add a lot of crap to the front corners.

I don't entirely understand the replacement of one steering wheel for another (its steering was set up for a wheel with a given diameter) it's probably down to acclimatisation. Whilst parts are expensive, restoration to originality (always cooler!) is not impossible.

After-market fart pipes are purely a question of taste and can be changed.

Also, I dislike the Barbie-pink interior too. Honda insists it's cranberry, or something. Only the British (& Italians) ought to be allowed to do red, by international treaty. End of.

However, like the beige, a set of black carpets (and possibly lower door casings) can tone it down dramatically. Again, these are running changes that can easily be reverted for originality's sake.

The alternative is to be (very) patient in waiting for a more suitable specimen to appear.
    Nick

“I find myself irresistibly attracted to cars that nobody else buys. The NSX is a classic of the genre because nobody buys it and yet it’s a fantastic car. It’s got a wonderful compactness and simplicity and unpretentiousness to it. Honda rudely continues to make them whether we like it or not, even though there can be no commercial logic in doing so — I thoroughly admire that.” Rowan Atkinson

Guys the Silver car's tittle reads Targa Manual, so there is the clue.

Unregistered Guest

The yellow car has been around for a very long time. It was for sale for months privately about 2 years ago and did not sell at £20,000. It returned and again failed to sell with the same price before disappearing - I think someone finally bought it. Now it is back and is again unsold after quite a few weeks. Caveat emptor.

As for the silver one, it too has been on PH before around 18 months ago. It was a trade sale at £25,000 disappearing after a few weeks - perhaps sold. Now back with higher mileage and higher price. Curious.

8. Default

well the silver car has sold, rang targa floria cars who have recieved a deposite though they will keep me "on file" in case the deal falls through or if they find out about any other cars-their green one is an auto so that's a no-no.

the yellow one may be worth a look, all things considered? i understand the caveat emptor quote above but it may just be that the last owner got bored quickly & punted it on? the steering wheel is a bit pony so that would have to go-hopefully the orig one will still be with it but you know how likely that will be!

again, i'm used to the 911 forums where pretty much every car with a dodgy story is known about on one of the threads so this search may take a little more time.

the yellow car does look like it had a good owner in the guy that was registered here mind you-not exactly shy of getting work done. i have rang about the car but it went straight to orange answerphone-part time car dealer perhaps? i'll let you all know.

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2790362.htm this one is close to the yellow one so it might be worth hitting both in one day, big price mind you but there may be a deal to be done.

re targa's & coupe's does anyone know the numbers? i'm torn between both so i'm just going to look at both, a coupe would be better for track but it's been so long since i had an open top car it might be worth going for as well

thanks so far guys

Hi,

As for the red one have a look at this http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/showthread.ph...spection/page6

regards
    Phillip

Hi

I was seriously thinking of buying N11NSX and have some service history info ......if your interested, pm me with your email address and I'll forward it over.

Cheers,

Mathieu

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast