Thread: WTB original factory Bose audio head

Default WTB original factory Bose audio head

mine couldn't fix it and would like to keep the stock look and feel, if any one have a used one in working order please let me know

Thanks in advance!
    NA6 + NA1

Blog Entries

Hi, avcrx.

Further to my email, please refer to the following information.

Your head unit is KU spec.
    This covers the following countries but not limited to;
    Hong Kong, Malaysia, South Africa, Malta, etc.

The head unit in UK is KE spec.
    While the frequency range is the same as your KU one, it doesn’t use the diversity system (two aerials – one rod antenna and the other one at the Eng glass hatch) for the FM tuner.

I have never dealt with KU spec but I believe it will have AM/FM band selection on the tuner through the right side knob.

On the KE spec, the AM/FM frequencies are separated into LW/MW/UKW bands.

There are several other different features/design/functionalities for each country spec so instead of going through the detail, please refer to the following photos.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KEspec.JPG 
Views:	193 
Size:	198.2 KB 
ID:	9624

For example, this is KE spec front panel and it has tpa and rds switches to handle multiple data codes such as radio station name, traffic info, etc and thus, ‘Auto Select’ feature is assigned to the ‘Dolby’ button.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	JDMspec.jpg 
Views:	202 
Size:	150.5 KB 
ID:	9625

This one is JDM but the front design will be similar to those with AM/FM selector.

The ‘HONDA’ logo on the cassette door will be ‘ACURA’ for US model and possibly on yours as well??

It doesn't have rds/tpa features and it has dedicated ‘Auto Select’ switch compared to the KE spec.

So, you may be able to use the KE spec head unit in your country but the FM reception may suffer due to lack of diversity system and some of the features such as r.d.s. on KE model won't work outside of Europe.

As far as I know, the radio frequency band is the same in US so you may be able to use the head unit from US Acura but I don’t have any detail on the KA spec head unit.

There are lots of knowledgeable members on NSX Prime so I’m quite sure you can get further info from there as well.

Good luck with the repair and the search.

Kaz

HI Kaz,

Thank you so much for your valuable information and your detail advise about the repairing, and I will try again to trace the circuit per your instruction and hope I could tickle it soon.

Thanks!

Alan
    NA6 + NA1