Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: One less

It morrir what has been said already, glad that you are OK.
    Now as for the car, I am the same as Sudesh and have dissabled my TCS and I drive in all weathers, even ice and snow. Yes the car can be a little twitchy but nothing that can't be rectified.

I have also done the clutch myself a couple of times and I know exactly what has to come of te car to do this work. I would have to hazzard a guess that something wasn't quite right when your car was put back together again, its a bit too coincidental that the car behaved like this so soon as the work was carried out. After my last cluch replacement, I found that my car handled like a bag of spanners, and was all over the place, it transpired that 2 bolts from the rear upper wishbone had come loose and fell out!!

look here : http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/showthread.ph...**T&highlight=
    1992 NSX, 3.0 Manual, (Was Sebring Silver) Now Kaiser Silver

2018 Jaguar XE, 2.0 R-Sport 250, Loire Blue.

2013 Kawazaki ER6F, Metalic Green.

Hi All,
    When it was snowy over Christmas, I took the NSX out in the snow just to make sure the traction control was working as I have never had it come on in any type of weather condition. It was working fine.

I did once take the NSX into the famous 'Ronaldo' tunnel where the tunnel wall accidently jumped out to bump into Ronaldo's Ferarri, and I got a twitch from the backend, when I floored it to listen to my Tubi (!) but took foot off and all was ok.
    f.y.i. the 'problem' with that 'Ronaldo' tunnel is, that being in the manchester area, the road before the tunnel is always wet but the tunnel is dry and straight. So you think to yourself, ah, a good time to listen to my "orchestra", forgetting that your tyres are still wet from the rain of the open road (well, I did).

Regards

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by PeterW View Post
    Argghh! This sounds horrible. I've just bought a car off PH (link below), and drove it home yesterday up the A14 and M6. It's my first NSX, so it would be an understatement to call me a novice NSX driver. At times it was chucking it down, and I wasn't taking any more care in the wet than I would in a "normal" car. Actually I have to admit there was the odd occasion when I drove a little harder than normal. But the car felt rock solid.

I love the car by the way, but am now relieved I got it home in one piece!
    http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2797389.htm
    Don't get too worried, its hardly a widow maker!

I would encourage you, and any NSX owner, to treat yourself to some instructed track activity so you get to learn the car, and enjoy it for what it was built for!
    '02 Honda NSX [Garage Queen]
    '17 Huracan Performante [Weekend Car]
    '19 Porsche Macan [Daily]

4. Default

Sorry to hear the news Matt,

hoping you and your mate are well.

Cheers,

Andy

Not sure about the -T, but the coupe is probably more forgiving than an S2000, which does need to be driven with an egg between foot & throttle in the wet. Actually, that's quite easily fixed in the S.

Obviously, if any ME car goes sideways, it takes a lot of room to get it back, but it normally warns you.

But like all fine-handling cars, even a small differential in pressures across the back tyres does some strange things to the handling. It's probably exacerbated by Honda's passive RWS.
    Nick

“I find myself irresistibly attracted to cars that nobody else buys. The NSX is a classic of the genre because nobody buys it and yet it’s a fantastic car. It’s got a wonderful compactness and simplicity and unpretentiousness to it. Honda rudely continues to make them whether we like it or not, even though there can be no commercial logic in doing so — I thoroughly admire that.” Rowan Atkinson

Matt, sorry to hear about your accident.

The worst time I encountered was on the motorway to Bolton in a torrential downpour.
    Back then, they were on OEM BS and as soon as I felt aqua-planing in a straight line and
    could not see ahead with the fastest wiper setting, I literally slowed down to about 50mph.
    Its was a bit scary!
    Last edited by TheSebringOne; 12-06-2011 at 01:43 AM.
    1999 3.2 Manual 6 Spd Coupe
    Honda's Finest Hour

Only just noticed this topic: sorry to hear the bad news.....thankfully no physical injuries apart from the car.

As you are an experienced NSX driver, I find it difficult to believe it was driver error at 50 mph.

Which garage undertook the work....or is it too early to lay blame?

Hopefully the insurance company will be able to find the truth after a thorough investigation.......just ensure the car isn't stored at the same garage that carried out the repairs!

Cheers,

Mathieu

Insurance company WGAF - unless of course, the optional legal insurance cover shysters spot an opportunity for a (fraudulent) whiplash claim. Difficult against yourself, even today.
    Nick

“I find myself irresistibly attracted to cars that nobody else buys. The NSX is a classic of the genre because nobody buys it and yet it’s a fantastic car. It’s got a wonderful compactness and simplicity and unpretentiousness to it. Honda rudely continues to make them whether we like it or not, even though there can be no commercial logic in doing so — I thoroughly admire that.” Rowan Atkinson

9. Default

The car has been written off
    I used Amo's man in Wales, now called South Wales Tuning formally Hyeline.

I think it will be difficult to prove anything with the car now with the scrap man and seriously realigned.

Looks like I may be in for a tussle with the insurance as they have started by not honouring my no claims bonus guarantee for next year but they have yet to make an offer on the car value so we will see.
    I was/am with Clegg Gifford on a fleet policy. Will let you all know the outcome.

Prices look pretty strong if one's buying a replacement, especially as I'd invested in bringing it up to scratch. Seems to me from what's available that I'd be looking at 23-25K.

Thanks hugely for all the kind words.

Sorry it's worked out like that, Matt.

I'd start downloading some of those recent Pistonheads ads with prices, so you can duff up the ins. co. and their risible 1st offer.

Have you considered buying back your old one? It's still yours at the moment, I believe. Obviously, you've put some valuable stuff on it, so cannibalisation might be a good idea.
    Nick

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast