Thread: Donington Photos

1. Default Donington Photos

Sadly the 'NSX 300' didn't finish its race. To be fair, it was meant to be more of a test so there were no great expectations, but nevertheless it was disappointing to finish after under 30mins thanks to the RHS driveshaft being spat out, through the exhaust...

Here are a few pictures, starting off with our original NSX, which also did its first (and last) race at Donington.

The NSX will be doing a number of test outing before the end of the year. The power steering needs fine tuning, suspension uprights need making and the traction control needs setting up. We are also thinking of installing motorsport air-con and to finish things off, there will be bit of wind tunnel testing done.
    '02 Honda NSX [Garage Queen]
    '17 Huracan Performante [Weekend Car]
    '19 Porsche Macan [Daily]

Great pics!

REALLY wishing my book schedule had accommodated your race car

Is this a full new wrap or were you able to simply update over the base satin black? Who are you using for the work?

Driveshaft issue aside, how are you finding the new aero package and the balance?

regards, Paul
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

4. Default

The wrap was fresh, from Totally Dynamic. I think Raccoon may have done the design though (they did the original wrap).
    http://www.totally-dynamic.co.uk/go/...ase-study.html

The car is certainly a work in progress. The race weekend was good, because the car improved massively. Initially the car was rock hard. It didn't roll or pitch at all, which also meant there was no feel or feedback. This was down to the off-the-shelf Quantum dampers, which are effectively Group N items that race NSX's use in Japan (although Quantum are in fact a British company).

For qualifying, it looked like it was going to be wet. Because of that, the dampers were put on full soft as well as the anti-roll bars. This actually transformed the car, it was like night and day. The true problem is the stiffness of the springs though, which we will change for the next test day.

Aero wise, i think we need to ease it off a little as currently it has too much grip (going back to lack of feel). The front produces a ridiculous amount of grip really, which is impressive considering the tyre width limitations thanks to the limited room under the front arches. We'll look to make the front splitter smaller and see what happens.

Car looks great Rob... of course I prefer the orange highlights from last year myself

Which side driveshaft popped out? With such limited suspension travel I wouldn't have expected that particular failure. Was someone rattling the kerbs a little too much perhaps?

Hmmm... a racer complaining of too much grip ehh, next you'll be complaining of too much power

Cheers

Mark
    Last edited by markc; 17-05-2011 at 12:07 PM. Reason: spelling
    The older I get, the faster I was

Shame about the reliability woes, but developing a single car without manufacturer backing has to be bloody hard work (looks Beautiful though, even without green wheels).
    How did T2 perform?

Off topicish, but do you happen to know what happens to all those old JGTC/Super GT NSX cars in Japan? If one could be acquired would it be eligible to race in any UK championships?
    我々の祈り、日本に届きますように。

7. Default

The chassis' were normally re-used for later cars. I'm sorry to say if they weren't, Honda destroyed them. Consequently there aren't many in existence and, as far as i know, none are in private ownership.

You couldn't enter them anywhere professional, but there are plenty of race series out there who would accommodate it. There are quite a few spaceframe cars in the Dutch Supercar Challenge and Belcar. I imagine even Britcar would accept it (albeit detuned and ballasted).

It certainly is hard work finding the money and getting the development done, but i'm confident 2012 will be a good year for the car. Its light, has a low CoG and is aerodynamic. There are no excuses!

Sorry that your race finished prematurely, the car looks awesome!

Good luck next time & very interesting that wind tunnel testing is on the agenda!
    1999 3.2 Manual 6 Spd Coupe
    Honda's Finest Hour