Thread: AC display gone off

Default AC display gone off

Hi

started car Ac display flashed then nothing all dark no control...I guess relay/fuse.....but where to start....under hood lots of relays and fuse box......help pls.....car 91 JDM.

regards

russell

Alittle worried it could be more than fuse /relay........just seen Kaz pic's of repairing boards etc......help......got trip to Italy planned for early June.....and bugger me no AC.......well no anything.

I think you'll find that your circuit board needs some attention from Kaz, if I were you I'd email him pretty quick. He done mine a while ago and now everything is working perfectly with my A/C control.

Jim
    1992 NSX, 3.0 Manual, (Was Sebring Silver) Now Kaiser Silver

2018 Jaguar XE, 2.0 R-Sport 250, Loire Blue.

2013 Kawazaki ER6F, Metalic Green.

Second that on sending it to Kaz.
    I tell people that I've now done one decent thing in my life. Albeit inadvertently.
    Larry David

'92 Red/Black
    RS*R Exhaust, DC Headers, SuperDuper LeMans AirScooper, Dali Stealth OEM Airbox Mod: Fujita Filter, OEM 2002+ GOLD calipers + 2 piece race rotors . . . take a breath . . . and finally Nitron one way adjustable suspension!

Ok will do with trip planned got to get this working

cheers

Blog Entries

Hi, Russel.

Seems like you are having one of the typical A/C CCU failure mode.

As your NSX is 91 JDM, I can easily imagine that it spent at least several very hot summer seasons in Japan and thus, no chance of avoiding the CCU failure.

The failure is very likely to be caused by the acid leakage from the capacitor on the CCU board.

The main factor of the capacitor life time is the heat regardless of whether the car was used or not.

Even for the UK based NSX, almost 100% of any models upto year 2000 would have some level of damage to the CCU board by now.

I already saw some capactior failures even on the 2000 - 2005 models.

Please send me an email (not PM) by selecting the option from the drop down menu after you have logged in and we can start from there.

Please visit the following thread for the detail.

http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/showthread.ph...rvice-Part-1-3

You will also see exactly what you need to send and not to send in the 1st photo.

Hope we can sort this out in time for your trip.

Regards,
    Kaz

Kaz...you are attending Japfest..maybe Russell can deliver to you his AC there?

Just a thought?

SS
    Lexus LC500h.......New Daily run around with some saving the Planet thoughts
    Black/black 95 NSX NA with mk1 Ary exhaust....Now sold
    Red/Black 91 NSX treasure.....FI No more NA
    Silver/Pearl White/Black 1993 NSX 3.0 5 MT NSX ZAZ R-GT Twin Scroll Turbo

Blog Entries

Hi, Silver Surfer.

At the moment, I’m not sure whether I can make it to the Japfest or not this year.
    This is why I haven’t put my name in the poll for the Event thread.

Also, I don’t know whether Russell is attending or not.

Fortunately, he already contacted me over the weekend and I should be receiving the CCU board tomorrow so I’ll aim to service it in time for his trip to Italy.

Thank you for the suggestion any way.
    I hope I can attend Japfest to see everyone there...

Kaz