Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Newbie..

JOe,

Im glad you got the car, give me a shout and I'll come over and have a look.

Jim
    1992 NSX, 3.0 Manual, (Was Sebring Silver) Now Kaiser Silver

2018 Jaguar XE, 2.0 R-Sport 250, Loire Blue.

2013 Kawazaki ER6F, Metalic Green.

Thanks mate and yes a mini meet is in order!

Congrats and welcome!

The wheels on you car are the same style as on my brothers 2002 996 carrera 2. Not sure if yours are OEM or not from the pics, but I can tell you that the OEM porsche wheels are really wide at the rear. Personally I would try and hunt down some OEM 16/17 combo as the porsche wheels just look wrong on the NSX.

The centre console would be the next thing I would look at replacing, it just doesnt look a good fit at all and I cant tell from the photos but, is there a cut out for the cabin sensor? The sensor would be located just in front of the handbrake button when its in the full "down" position. If there isnt a cut out and the sensor doesnt get to "breath" this will affect the temperature setting for your interior heating/cooling.

Your coolant tank also looks to be quite old and I would have a think about getting a new one and if you have no history of coolant hose change thats also something I would add to the list.

Apart from the other bits you mentioned, good to see another JDM NSX in the club!

Quote Originally Posted by Tokyo-Joe View Post
    The mods that I know of are:

- Custom induction kits (pair) inside stock are box
    - 8pot calipers front and rear, brembo rear handbrake in addition
    - Porsche wheels (not sure which yet)
    - Tein springs on stock dampers
    - Carbon center console
    “Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.”

後は、残っているものに関係なく、不可能なことを排除する方法 ありそうもない、真実でなければなりません。

Hi Sudesh, thank you for your input, I love your refresh thread!

The console panel seems to fit really well and there is a breather hole opposite the handbrake (i was wondering what that was for). Maybe the pics are bad?

I spent Sunday with some friends detailing it and room some good pics so ill get those up when I'm next at my pc.

Thanks for the info on the rims, they are not ideal but they work in the metal and really are place holders until I have saved some money up and perhaps get some work vs or bbs lm but they will have to wait

Hey guys,

I did my first proper mod today, I changed the facelift dual exhaust for a PRIDE V2 quad

The exhaust was such an easy job to do and the fit and finish on the new system was perfect. As an absolute result I discovered my car already has decats in place! Yay

I'm overjoyed with the sound, here is a quick flyby clip:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25awLYyM7WU

I'm hoping to get stuck into some of the annoying niggles over the next few weeks, e.g. my drivers head lining panel is sagging onto my head haha.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Tokyo-Joe View Post
    Hey guys,

I did my first proper mod today, I changed the facelift dual exhaust for a PRIDE V2 quad

The exhaust was such an easy job to do and the fit and finish on the new system was perfect. As an absolute result I discovered my car already has decats in place! Yay

I'm overjoyed with the sound, here is a quick flyby clip:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25awLYyM7WU

I'm hoping to get stuck into some of the annoying niggles over the next few weeks, e.g. my drivers head lining panel is sagging onto my head haha.
    Sounds cool - ordered my Taitec GT Lightweight from SOS yesterday - 30 day wait :-( - will be worth it though
    2001 IOP Pre-facelift - BB roof & alloys - Taitec GT Lightweight - Downforce AIS

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234