Thread: A noise from my rear end

Default A noise from my rear end

I took the NSX out for a shortish drive to dry it off after washing it, and about a mile from home started to hear a noise from the rear end. Definitely related to road speed rather than engine revs, so I got set up to jack it up to look at drive shafts, wheel bearings etc. I didn't get very far. All 5 nuts on one of the rear wheels were loose. I don't mean finger tight, I mean loose. The wheel was rattling on the studs. The last time that wheel was off the car was when it was serviced by a Honda dealer, 160 miles ago. All the other wheels were OK. As far as I can see there's been no damage done, remarkably.

Not happy.

Peter
    1996 Green NSX-T manual

Dodged a bullet there!!!

Should go and play the lottery today ;-)

SS
    Lexus LC500h.......New Daily run around with some saving the Planet thoughts
    Black/black 95 NSX NA with mk1 Ary exhaust....Now sold
    Red/Black 91 NSX treasure.....FI No more NA
    Silver/Pearl White/Black 1993 NSX 3.0 5 MT NSX ZAZ R-GT Twin Scroll Turbo

3. Default

Whenever I get my cars back from service...I check wheel nuts!

Glad your okay and the car too.

Mike
    Formula Red NA2
    Imola Orange NA2
    Yellow NA2

This has never happened to me with a Honda, but did after a Ford dealer had been let loose on one of my cars many years ago.

Scary, but pleased to hear no harm done to you or your car on this occasion.
    2001 3.2 Circuit Blue Coupe with pop-ups!

"If you want to argue that The Best Car in the World is a supercar, go ahead. But there is only one that makes the grade. Only one that's built properly.
    Gordon Murray knows.
    Rowan Atkinson knows.
    It's the Honda NSX."
    (J. Clarkson)