Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Earliest realistic age for purchase (Insurance wise)

Unregistered Guest

Default Earliest realistic age for purchase (Insurance wise)

Hey,

What would you say would be the earliest age i could realistically think of purchasing an NSX with the insurance companies pulling my pants down?

Cheers

2. Default

It would depend on your wallet / dads wallet, i dare say 30 would be ideal but i'm sure you'd get cover over 21 but it'd cost a fair few pennies!

m666 edd Guest

25 shouldn't be a problem (assuming you've got at least 3-4 years no claims). Although your location might be a problem.

The nsx insurance seems to be cheaper than a lot of other insurance group 20 cars. Maybe because the car is out of reach price wise of a lot of younger people I dunno.

4. Default

My insurance at 30 is £650 with 7 years no claims for the year with 10K mileage allowance, which was about my Hyundai Coupe V6

It was a fair bit higher about 1.2K when i was 28, but you can get it quite a bit lower if you limit the mileage

James

If you can afford the running cost, you can afford the insurance.

Compared to say, an S2000, the insurance is very very good.

I'd say that probably driving experience is a more important consideration; we've had a few pranged recently and there ain't many left.

Not that it's especially tricky, it's just mid-engined GT cars have certain 'characteristics' and it's quite quick.

Of course, the S2000 is much more of a handful relative to its affordability, which is why the insurance is so expensive...
    Nick

“I find myself irresistibly attracted to cars that nobody else buys. The NSX is a classic of the genre because nobody buys it and yet it’s a fantastic car. It’s got a wonderful compactness and simplicity and unpretentiousness to it. Honda rudely continues to make them whether we like it or not, even though there can be no commercial logic in doing so — I thoroughly admire that.” Rowan Atkinson

Unregistered Guest

Well it's just this summer hopefully i should be earning a fair bit of cash and was thinking of moving to America but i'm thinking of putting them plans on hold purely for the thrill of having an NSX for a few months and then hopping over. I am only 21 though with 3 years NCB (Have no claims) so i guess ill just phone around a bit and see what my realistic chances are.

Unregistered Guest

Well looking up quotes now on Compare the market i have been quoted around £3k and these are normally inflated a bit, does this sound right? :s

8. Default

If it is then I'm in for a hell of a shock in july

My quote was with lancaster if that helps.

James

9. 29-03-2011, 07:17 PM

Reason
    double post

10. Default

Baring in mind im 9 years younger with 4 years less NCB :p

I thought it was fairly reasonable for me i would cry tears of joy if i could get it anywhere close to £2k :p

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Well looking up quotes now on Compare the market i have been quoted around £3k and these are normally inflated a bit, does this sound right? :s
    Hi,

if you're only planning on a few months use in the summer before leaving the lovely UK shores then I'd suggest contacting Competition Car Insurance. All age dependant of course as I don't know the criteria for a limited mileage policy.....however, if you're eligible at your age then just put it on one of those as the slightly restrictive mileage shouldn't be as much a problem in the short term.

Quite a few members on here are insured through them as well as myself...

when I was 21/22 I had a Supra then a Porsche 944. Insurance back then was about £1500 for the year and I had to pay monthly....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast