Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tapatalk

1. Default

Hi Kaz,

With the paid for version for android, you dont get access to the blogs, only the forums.

However the blog pages have rss links on them, so you should be able to use any old rss reader.

Give me a shout if you need any more info.

James

Sorry to dig up an old thread but is the forum still not available on Tapatalk? I use it for most other forums and find it works really well for staying on top of threads whereas the web forum seems a bit clunky on my Android phone but I can't seem to find NSXCB on there - just wanted to make sure I'm not searching for the wrong thing!

Blog Entries

It’s on Forum Runner but not on Tapatalk. NSX Prime is on Tapatalk and I’ve been using it for many years.

Both software used to be very good but the company running free version of Forum Runner no longer updates it that it won’t work well on later Android version. Not sure about the paid one or on iOS.
    I still have it on my phone but stopped using it as I can’t even register the forum in the 'Favourite' list.

As the traffic on our forum is fairly low, I just use Firerfox, chrome, etc browser software, display in desktop mode, hit ‘What’s New?’ tab and browse through it.

Tapatalk used to be great especially when used on the forum with lots of traffic.
    I still use it when browsing through NSX Prime as I'm not interested in 'For Sale' post, etc.
    With huge amount of traffic over there, hitting 'Whats New?' tab just shows so many threads that I'm not interested so Tapatalk used to be very handy for filtering the new threads.
    However, for quite some time, they seemed to introduce new issues when trying to fix another one when releasing the updated software and nowadays, big Ad showing up (at least on the free version) so although I still use it, not good as it used to be.
    The latest version seemed to be fine and useful for filtering but who knows what will happen in the next update….
    Again, don't know about the iOS version.

I don't know how much the tapatalk addon costs for vBulletin or whether it can live together with Forum Runner (in case someone still using it).
    I'll ask forumadmin on his view as he is the one working on the database/backbone for us.

Personally, as long as it doesn't cost a lot or eats up the memory slowing down the system, I think we can at least test it for a certain period before committing to it.
    As always, not easy to make everyone happy on application development.....

Kaz

Thanks Kaz, glad I'm not just being thick and missing it!

Interested to see if tapatalk capability could be added on - it might not mean much with a low traffic site but then again it might help increase traffic too...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12