Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Red facelift being 'detailed'

I'm not sure whether the clearcoat is different. I know that LBB and fomula red have a tint, but again, not sure if that makes any difference to the integrity of the laquer. Probably not.
    I would imagine that it is as you point out Mark. The colour which changes our perception of scratch resistance.
    I've just bought the machine polish system that many of the bodyshops use, so will be interested to see how it works out and how long it is before the scratches begin to reappear.
    Your point about washing is totally valid. Many car enthusiasts just drag the dirty sponge over the car then slap on some resin polish and the car looks passable. But never great.
    Certainly some TFR, a wash Mit, a large bucket and a power washer will reduce wash related damage.

Cheers,

James.

Cheers,

James.

the 2 bucket wash is also very important, a decent mit and a well maintained drying towel is a MUST. Plus washing your own car always helps unless you know someone who is sh1t hot at washing your car

Quote Originally Posted by Papalazarou View Post
    Certainly some TFR, a wash Mit, a large bucket and a power washer will reduce wash related damage.
    "The value of life can be measured by how many times you soul has been deeply stirred" - Soichiro Honda

From what I can see, it looks like a later 04/05 car, unless the owner has changed the gearknob at some point which maybe doubtful as they are £791.04 for just the knob!!!
    “Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.”

後は、残っているものに関係なく、不可能なことを排除する方法 ありそうもない、真実でなければなりません。

4. Default

Having just posted some photos of the car and Paul's video I saw this thread - so apologies for the double thread!

The car is a late 04 which now has around 8,500 miles on the clock. As explained in the other thread, the car was a show car for a Honda dealer for over a year, so it will have been dry dusted many times - hence the swirl marks.

Paul did not need to use any wet sanding to get this finish - he told me he was using the softest pads and compounds given how soft the lacquer is. He's good at taking off the very minimum of lacquer, but now the car is protected with waxes and sealants, and will be washed with care, the car should never again this level of correction.

Cheers

I wasnt too far wrong then with the year! lol Very nice car and the finish look fantastic.
    “Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.”

後は、残っているものに関係なく、不可能なことを排除する方法 ありそうもない、真実でなければなりません。

Cheers

Dave

I'm not attracted by a womans mind, only what she doesn't mind!!!

95 NSX Owner since 8 Aug 05 (sold Apr 13)
    Lamborghini Aventador Roadster
    Bentley Continental GTC
    Kawasaki ZX9R

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12