Thread: Did we lose threads switching over to new look?? re: What Watch do you have...

1. Default Did we lose threads switching over to new look?? re: What Watch do you have...

just spent too much time looking for a thread from a couple years ago where we were talking about watches... appears to be gone?

Did we lose some when we swapped over.?

was trying to find it to send a message to someone about a rare find that was part of their wish list..

--btw: speaking of the new site... the bar coming down through "notifications" on the home page looks like a design flaw... bit of photoshop could be in order
    Last edited by Boomin33; 06-03-2011 at 06:27 PM.

Despite the high cost of living, it's still very popular.

Was it this one?
    http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/showthread.ph...ghlight=hublot

Quote Originally Posted by Boomin33 View Post
    just spent too much time looking for a thread from a couple years ago where we were talking about watches... appears to be gone?

Did we lose some when we swapped over.?

was trying to find it to send a message to someone about a rare find that was part of their wish list..

--btw: speaking of the new site... the bar coming down through "notifications" on the home page looks like a design flaw... bit of photoshop could be in order

3. Default

Nope... that's not it.. I was a dedicated thread asking about watches... pretty certain it was this site.

Anyway.. somone had talked about Seiko SpringDrive Moonphase watches. 2008 special edition run of 200...

maybe I'm losing my mind...

From memory I think you and Mark where the main cotributors ...

I was offered a couple recently, when I get home I'll check the details ...
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

5. Default

Yep... I went through all my postings to date and couldn't find it. I'm sure it was here... someone told me about this watch.

Anyway... after looking a couple times a year since then.... suddenly found a dealer who has two of these. Anyone flying to NewYork in the couple weeks???

2008 watch of the year Seiko Springdrive Moonphase. 1 of 200 made. real piece of work... 1 second accuracy per month. which I know. rare bit of Quality timekeeping...

*** if whoever had this on their wishlist, from before is interested.. there are 2. Straight from Seiko and with a 3 year warranty. 40% off original retail.

Last edited by Boomin33; 07-03-2011 at 08:31 AM.

The other thread would have been in the Off Topic section, which gets purged every few months, or when I can remember to save space. Just where this thread is heading as well.

7. 09-03-2011, 06:07 PM

Reason
    Double post

Hi Rob, it may well have been me but I don't remember a thread on here about it specifically.

I still fancy a Seiko Spring Drive at some point but at the moment I have a thing about Perpertual Calendar watches... unfortunately they're BIG money. I was loving the Blancpain Le Brassus Perpetual but they (Blancpain) have rather queered their pitch in my eyes by entering a sponsorship arrangement with Lamborghini, how chavvy Maybe I shouldn't lower my standards and save up (forever) for the Patek

Seiko's Spring Drive has such a lovely action with it's completely smooth sweep of the seconds hand I slightly prefer the GMT model over the Moonphase myself.

I'll be in New York in June for my 20th wedding anniversary and SWMBO has said I can have another watch to celebrate/commiserate but they will probably have sold them by then.

Hey grumpy admin, just 'cos it's not a carbon Fondriest doesn't make it rubbish. I lust after one of them as well though

Cheers

Mark
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fonzjm.jpg 
Views:	154 
Size:	73.4 KB 
ID:	8766  
    The older I get, the faster I was