Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tough Economic Times....but there are still silver linings

1. Default Tough Economic Times....but there are still silver linings

Hi Guys,

I had to make the decision around xmas time to sell my BMW 735...the gas guzzling 3.6 V8 wasnt justifiable due to the increasing petrol prices....spending approximately £90 petrol travlling only about 160 miles a week!......to which considered...are completely extortionate.

I have now just recently replaced this with another Honda though....

The Honda SMX.....in a nutshell it is a quirky 2.0l auto car which to be honest....i havent had that much fun in a long time.....and it was cheap to buy!! A nice car to drive whilst the NSX is kept nice and dry indoors.

I have attached some pictures

Andy

P.S. Thanks Kaz for some initial advice!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	02.jpg 
Views:	195 
Size:	70.4 KB 
ID:	8716Click image for larger version. 

Name:	01.jpg 
Views:	206 
Size:	76.6 KB 
ID:	8717Click image for larger version. 

Name:	03.jpg 
Views:	206 
Size:	68.3 KB 
ID:	8718

NICE ONE!

certainly dont see those everyday ... so it and the NSX will go hand in hand re that

looks nice mate, health to drive ... should be easier on the pocket compared to the beamer!
    "The value of life can be measured by how many times you soul has been deeply stirred" - Soichiro Honda

3. Default

Hi Nobby,

Definitely less petrol required...

I think I am almost becoming a convert and slowly changing my cars to Hondas..lol

Well it's certainly different

Apparently there's a CRV chassis/floorpan under there somewhere. With that front spoiler the 4wd version would make a good snowplough

Cheers

Mark
    The older I get, the faster I was

Very Honda ish! Whats the combined mpg and I like it its quirkiness.

Didn't Sudesh import one of these or similar last year?
    1999 3.2 Manual 6 Spd Coupe
    Honda's Finest Hour

6. Default

Cheers 'TheSebringOne'

err....mpg...i am unsure...lol....i know it the 2.0l is less than the previous 3.6l.......

there is a site

http://www.hondasmxclub.com/vehicle_info/overview.htm

it says 32mpg...but that has got to be with a very light foot!!

Quirky it is .......i like the fact there is only one door on the drivers side and two on the passenger side...suppose to be child friendly so that children exit onto the pavement...unless of course you park the wrong way...and children will have to exit onto a road!

Snow plough sounds good Mark.....I dont think there are many 4x4 smx around though....

Cheers,

Andy

That is so left-field! I hadn't realised there were so many Hondamentalists round here.

I really can see the appeal.
    Nick

“I find myself irresistibly attracted to cars that nobody else buys. The NSX is a classic of the genre because nobody buys it and yet it’s a fantastic car. It’s got a wonderful compactness and simplicity and unpretentiousness to it. Honda rudely continues to make them whether we like it or not, even though there can be no commercial logic in doing so — I thoroughly admire that.” Rowan Atkinson

8. Default

lol.....hondamentalists are everywhere!!

i think it has pushed me further to the Honda side from having quite a few problems with cars not being Honda....

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by markc View Post
    Well it's certainly different

Apparently there's a CRV chassis/floorpan under there somewhere. With that front spoiler the 4wd version would make a good snowplough

Cheers

Mark
    I'm pretty certain this also has the CRV engine as well, all the service parts are the same anyway! I've imported lots of these but they never acheived the cult status i thought they may have as they are great little cars. The maddest one i owned have a +£30,000 music install, this is now up for sale with KnightRacer......have a look, it's a wild one!!

Quote Originally Posted by TheSebringOne View Post
    Very Honda ish! Whats the combined mpg and I like it its quirkiness.

Didn't Sudesh import one of these or similar last year?
    Only seeing this now. Yeah I did have one last year, very quirky little car.
    “Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.”

後は、残っているものに関係なく、不可能なことを排除する方法 ありそうもない、真実でなければなりません。

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast