Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Future ABS upgrades.....

Default Future ABS upgrades.....

Read this rather shocking news on NSXPRIME.... http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146113

If it's true then that's just bonkers!! I wonder if Kaz can shed any light on this?

I noticed this on acurapartswarehouse.com while searcing the other day....hoped it was a mistake as all the other Acura vendors had not increased their prices. Crazy.

Blog Entries

LHD NSX is easier to upgrade than our RHD models from the point of installing the brake pipes but the ABS modulator is the same so quite surprised when I read it on Prime yesterday…

Haven’t checked the recent price in Japan but there were several price increase on some of the SL0 parts.

If the price is going to be so high even in Japan, then I better start thinking about offering the overhauling service of old ABS by replacing lots of O-rings at the solenoids and also getting the accumulator kit from US like the member britlude done the other day.

Still, the accumulator kit is not cheap and there is no guarantee that it will fix all of the issues.

Also, due to its design, the old ABS may fail again in the future…

Glad that at least, I managed to upgrade the ABS for the other owner in time…

Kaz

shocking price hike!
    "The value of life can be measured by how many times you soul has been deeply stirred" - Soichiro Honda

hmm... it would seem Honda/Acura have got wise to the popularity of the NA2 ABS swap!
    aka Jonathan!!

'92 charlotte green auto.... as a daily
    '37 Ford Y street rod......... something for the weekend!

...... if a photobucket pic is foggy, click it, and it'll take you to the clear version, yes, it's a clicking faff....

£1170 inc. VAT from HUK. Expected delivery May 5th.
    Is it only Acura that have put up prices on this part?

For reference, I just got a quote back from Touge Distribution for the ABS Modulator 57110-SL0-Z03 - 104000 JPY delivered to the UK. This equates to approx £800 at today's exchange rate.
    Last edited by NSXGB; 10-03-2011 at 12:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXGB View Post
    For reference, I just got a quote back from Touge Distribution for the ABS Modulator 57110-SL0-Z03 - 104000 JPY delivered to the UK. This equates to approx £800 at today's exchange rate.
    Hi Simon,

So whats the total upgrade parts cost then inc new pipe etc?

regards, Paul
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

I've not got a fully worked out price Paul. I reckon at the moment a ball park figure of £1700-2000. I was going to bring the parts that I could back with me from the US in June which would make it cheaper. Now the modulator is cheaper in the UK than US. The conversion loom is probably the next most expensive part @ £225-285 + delivery - available from SOS or KSP.
    Might be worth getting Andy at VTEC to put some prices together for the kit?

Quote Originally Posted by Senninha View Post
    Hi Simon,
    So whats the total upgrade parts cost then inc new pipe etc?

regards, Paul

Blog Entries

Spoke with Japan this morning and I can confirm that the ABS modulator 57110-SL0-Z03 is still at the same price as last year at JPY80,400.

However, as expected, there is none in stock and on back order.

My master ordered it in early January and he has been informed that it will take another 10 days or so.

Based on my ABS upgrade parts list, at the moment, the parts cost will be about JPY112,000 (excluding ABS adaptor loom) if you re-use your existing spare tyre guard.

You will need to add the ABS Upgrade loom, delivery charge from Japan and it is very likely that you will need two separated boxes to protect the brake pipes unless you have a big proper container.

Then you need to add the Import Duty (about 3.5% for this kind of parts) and VAT on the Landed Value.

Landed Value is the total of parts cost + delivery charge but it also depends on the delivery method.

On top of these, you may need to pay the handling charge of GBP13.50 to ParcelForce depending on the conditions.

With the existing strong Japanese Yen, it is not cheap…

Kaz
    Last edited by Kaz-kzukNA1; 10-03-2011 at 09:35 PM. Reason: Too much space

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast