Thread: playing again... window regulator mod and a californian fault!

Default playing again... window regulator mod and a californian fault!

hi all, I've been playing again (waiting for the weather to improve before I can do more stuff to the Hotrod!!)

After surfing prime, and finding this thread http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135277 I thought it a good idea as my windows were slow.... reading the thread a couple of members here have bought and fitted Hugabuga's plug and play solution, but I must have missed that here!

Anyway.... using the basic instructions of hugabuga's prototype, I made myself a pair of wheels, mounted them on bearings (couldn't find any ready-made rollers) and modified the original guide and bolted it all back together! unfortunately i was all a bit of a mad designing whirl that I forgot to take pics... however I did do before and after vids, edited them together to get something that shows the result..... (if i could work out how to show them side by side I would have!!!!)

here's the passenger window, did go up OK, but always struggled at the top...

here's the drivers side, use to struggle most of the way up!

much better!!!!

not sure how to embed the vids here!!!!! (and the vids make the after look jerkier than reality!!!! typical! except drivers side 'before' vid, as that was stop-start!!!))
    Last edited by britlude; 22-02-2011 at 04:14 PM.
    aka Jonathan!!

'92 charlotte green auto.... as a daily
    '37 Ford Y street rod......... something for the weekend!

...... if a photobucket pic is foggy, click it, and it'll take you to the clear version, yes, it's a clicking faff....

The other thing I’ve done is sort a problem I thought was exclusive to hot climates!!!
    Obviously the south east must be more exotic than it appears! The common (on NSXPrime) dash screen vent crack! When I gave the car interior a quick wipe over with a damp cloth on Saturday all was well, everything ship-shape on Sunday, alas Monday morning I get to see this…..

A quick search of prime shows a few solutions, one quoting 20 hours to remove the entire interior to get the the 5 bolts holding the vent panel and replace it…. Hmmmm, no!

Another elegant solution was a complete aluminium panel over the whole vent panel, alas $200 plus shipping from America (if they were willing) and no guarantee it wouldn’t be folded in half by parcelfarce!
    So the simple solution, until I can think of something better, was a small cover. Not ideal but hey-ho!

not the greatest pics, but you get the idea!
    aka Jonathan!!

...... if a photobucket pic is foggy, click it, and it'll take you to the clear version, yes, it's a clicking faff....

Mine has cracked too (south east balmy temps again), my screen is being changed very soon so I may be able to get better access when it's removed.
    What did you use for your patch?

Quote Originally Posted by britlude View Post
    The other thing I’ve done is sort a problem I thought was exclusive to hot climates!!!
    Obviously the south east must be more exotic than it appears! The common (on NSXPrime) dash screen vent crack! When I gave the car interior a quick wipe over with a damp cloth on Saturday all was well, everything ship-shape on Sunday, alas Monday morning I get to see this…..

A quick search of prime shows a few solutions, one quoting 20 hours to remove the entire interior to get the the 5 bolts holding the vent panel and replace it…. Hmmmm, no!

Another elegant solution was a complete aluminium panel over the whole vent panel, alas $200 plus shipping from America (if they were willing) and no guarantee it wouldn’t be folded in half by parcelfarce!
    So the simple solution, until I can think of something better, was a small cover. Not ideal but hey-ho!

not the greatest pics, but you get the idea!

sorry forgot to mention, I used an offcut of leather, with the right sort of grain, thinning the edges on the back-side to reduce the step at the edge.
    aka Jonathan!!

Not so long ago saw a nearly OEM looking cover at Prime for there that simply just slipped in place and looked rather good from the pics.
    It was being mass produced here in the colonies I believe.
    I'll have a go at finding it again if anyones interested.
    Haven't had problems with mine as it doesn't sit outside in the sun.

Cheers
    nigel